• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

clutch cover

M

mtn mike on boost

Nov 26, 2007
Woodinville,WA
am I the only one having trouble getting the front retainer hooked? what a chore, its super tight on mine and you cant see **** with the oil reservoir there. tricks??

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
Just installed my skid plate and had the same issue. Once I tried it a couple times going on and off it was not bad ---just needed to figure out the exact motion to get it on and off.

That one will be a learning curve for everyone.

C

cheater35

Mar 10, 2011
Brainerd, MN
My dealer guy told me that when removing and putting back together if you take left hand and push the front of cover back a little it makes much better. But still a PITA.

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
Totally sucks in my opinion. Hard to get off and even harder to get back on as the slot does not line up well in the front and you can't see the hole either.

If we did not need it to keep a grenaded belt from blowing the oil bottle to kingdom come....id do something different, may still...

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Take some silver sided tape ( the same tape you use to replace the silver that is on the foam on the can side of the machine when you take the foam out of the machine) and cover the female flat area and cut out the slot, it will reflect light and make it much easier to see when installing it, yes it is tight. While your at it, take out the sound buffing inside the clutch cover as well as remove it from behind the clutches and also on the area on the clutch cover that has a small amount of foam on it where the left foot well is cut that area out where the foam covers, it will allow more heat to escape. Don't cut too much of the clutch cover as you want it to be rigid but that little section can be removed, all of it is for sound, it wont be loud but to pass strict sound levels which ski-doo will never by-pass they have to do it...and yes you will be bad at something until you have done it a few times...cheers dave

P

paulharris

Dec 12, 2007
Colorado
why not just remove the whole thing? i mean, other than the obvious risk of doing some damage if you blow a belt. does it really need to be there?

snowgod

Lifetime Membership
Jan 25, 2008
Totally sucks in my opinion. Hard to get off and even harder to get back on as the slot does not line up well in the front and you can't see the hole either.

If we did not need it to keep a grenaded belt from blowing the oil bottle to kingdom come....id do something different, may still...

I found that it takes a few times to get the hang of it but I think I can get used to it.

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Thanks Norona!
You should start a thread on these little mods.

I did last season then people complained that there were too many little vids, can't please them all. I will just post if there are questions and have a few tip vids coming out soon. If you sign up for the ski-doo.com e-newsletter you get a whole bunch of vids from all the riders before they are put out...cheers dave

Premium Features