• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Christmas Bonus

W
Nov 27, 2007
I got $1700, but uncle sam found out about it and took what he thought he needed to buy his kids presents... they must have gotten some good presents. So I'm pretty much in the majority, about 100 bucks ;)

B

beer gut

Nov 2, 2004
Centennial, CO
I don't get a "Christmas" bonus, but part of my salary is a "bonus" bsed on how well our salespeople do (I'm a bond trader). One year I got almost double my salary, but it could be a big nuttin' if we have a real bad year...

redlineguy

Lifetime Membership
May 11, 2004
CT
I will give around $14,000 to 6 people and another $15,000 to there 401K...I like the sound of that $65

24drnkz

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Bend, OR
WOW, I guess I'm very lucky to be working for my boss. I've been with him for 11 months and I got $1200. Not to mention the season football tickets I had for almost every home game, the countless happy hour tabs he picked up and days off if I wanted. He just gave a guy in our office a $28K custom chopper for his 10 year..................................

Z
Nov 26, 2007
Sioux Falls, SD
Im currently a student that works 40 hours, basically because I get paid hourly and cant afford to skip out of work to do homework. We get a $50 gift card every year which i didnt think was bad, but it is bonus taxed so i get the card with $50 on it. Then they put it on my paycheck and take it back off and its taxed 45%, so in the end i pay $20 in taxes for my $50 card. When I think about it, the company i work for has about 3000 employees and does a little under $1B sales a year so its not bad. The new company im gonna work for does a really nice xmas party, gives everyone a ham and a $50 gift card. Then in late Jan we get a year end bonus which is anywhere between 5-8% of your salary depending on how good of year we had. So next year I could see between $3200-$5200 before taxes.

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca
I am SO pissed right now!

We have a vacation time cap at my company. At the end of the year anything over that cap is for fitted and you lose the time and money. For 3 years its been this way. Well i had stock piled a grundle of vacation time over my cap to take off the next couple weeks and do some sledding.

I got a email telling me that all my hours over the cap were taken away last week because they fixed a glitch in the payroll system. Turns out that hours are supposed to be for fitted each pay period(2 weeks) and they fixed the glitch 3 years later and didnt warn or tell anybody. They did this 2 weeks before Christmas...

So not only did i lose my vacation time but i lost thousands of dollars as well... poof, gone just like that. Thats a nice holiday bonus from my company...
mother f#$@#r$ !!! I work my a$$ all year to gain vacation time to use in the winter and then they bend me over and rape me of my time and money...

We (myself and parents own our company) Give a weeks payed vacation during the week of Christmas as this is the best time for everyone to take time off and enjoy the extra cash. Also because all staff is on holidays so are we YAHOO Everybody wins. We have 4 memebers of staff and they help us make alot of money and this is just a way of thanking them. They know how much we make and we wouldn't want them to bitc& about what they did or didn't get regaurdless of how much the company makes each year!

A
Nov 26, 2007
Wyoming
Hmmm... I ran the place I worked for by my self for 4 months and he went and hired another and started him at a higher wage then what I was making after saving his bussiness. And now you are asking about a bonus? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! I got an invite to a christmas party but I realllllyyyy doubt they will see me, maybe I will go and eat all his food the cheap bassterd.

Z
Nov 26, 2007
Sioux Falls, SD

We have a vacation time cap at my company. At the end of the year anything over that cap is for fitted and you lose the time and money. For 3 years its been this way. Well i had stock piled a grundle of vacation time over my cap to take off the next couple weeks and do some sledding.

I got a email telling me that all my hours over the cap were taken away last week because they fixed a glitch in the payroll system. Turns out that hours are supposed to be for fitted each pay period(2 weeks) and they fixed the glitch 3 years later and didnt warn or tell anybody. They did this 2 weeks before Christmas...

So not only did i lose my vacation time but i lost thousands of dollars as well... poof, gone just like that. Thats a nice holiday bonus from my company...
mother f#$@#r$ !!! I work my a$$ all year to gain vacation time to use in the winter and then they bend me over and rape me of my time and money...

Dude that really sucks, F*ck! You dont sound so good, thats not one of those week long colds your getting is it, maybe even the flu??

Z
Nov 26, 2007
Sioux Falls, SD
Turns out that hours are supposed to be for fitted each pay period(2 weeks) and they fixed the glitch 3 years later and didnt warn or tell anybody. They did this 2 weeks before Christmas...

Sorry had to do this

untitled.jpg

"So we went ahead and fixed the glitch"

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca
Dude that really sucks, F*ck! You dont sound so good, thats not one of those week long colds your getting is it, maybe even the flu??

you know i am big on integrity and m o r a ls (appearantly you cant say m****s), but the way they screwed me on this just about makes me want to bill hours and not be at work... even if the had given me a weeks notice, i could have taken the next week off and gotten the money and time off, but then again im sure im not the only one in the company that was screwed out of time and money, there is a reason they told us about it AFTER they had done it...

Last edited:
N
Mar 25, 2005
Christmas Bonus? WTF I work for the State I can't even say CHRISTMAS without potentially getting fired! wouldn't want to offend anyone?

Its called HOLIDAY TIME off or a HOLIDAY Luncheon bunch of Crap!

L
Nov 26, 2007
Laramie, Wyoming
Heck, I didn't even get an invite to the Christmas party! If I worked for the company full time I might get a bonus, but since I can't work for them and go to school at the same time, I'm just happy they let me come back.

J
Sep 21, 2005
Peace River, Alberta
Hahaha. Ironic as heck, but, while I was reading this, one of our valve supply companies dropped off a HUGE gift basket, and pens, stainless mugs, etc... REALLY nice, I thought. As far as a Christmas bonus, i'm a contractor, so I might buy myself something nice. I did get a cheque to take someone out for supper, though. $110 bucks. Thought that was decent. Now, I just need someone to take out for Christmas...

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
I'm probably going to get a card that says something like:

Merry Christmas! (Front Cover)

open it up.

"Now get your lazy *** back to work, or we'll fire you"

yup, that sums it up well.

B

buck50

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
Cochrane, Alberta
Bonus= to receive something over & above agreed compensation.

I've gotten bonuses & some years received nothing.

To be disgruntled when you receive nothing is petty, childish, selfish and unwarranted.

Jesus wasn't born just so you could get an extra $100 for snowmobile accessories!

which is fine, but it sure is a kick to the nads when the CEO's and other managment keep getting bnous's in the 10's of thousands and usually much higher

Premium Features