• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

chain saws?

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
I think im considering the ms181 to get the 16" bar. I have a electric remington 16" right know i just got and it is a piece a junk so im going to take it back and just get the stihl heck with it. I had to carry my small honda 2000 genny with me when cutting wood then too.

Did the remington electric have really slow chain speeds? My old man has a larger electric that he doesn't like that much. He also has a smaller electric saw that is / can be pole mounted. That thing spins much faster and cuts better then the larger one. Don't know why the large one sucks, but he said it was about chain speed, and that it was slow.

Did you find the same results?

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
late to the party but a vote for Jonsered...it's an orange husky. That is all we have ran in our family and we still have a couple running from when my old man logged and he quit that when I was 5 or 6 and I am almost 27 now. Recently we got a new Jonsered turbo, no idea on the #, but it has been a great saw as well.

Premium Features