• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cataract Creek

C
Aug 20, 2001
Clagary, AB
Looking to take my daughter out there next w/e and wanted to know where to go, if it's easy riding (she's 6) and where I can get a map, any info or links would be great, thanks.

T

K

knee deep in it

Nov 21, 2007
calgary
west of longview, soth at the gate, 3 miles down the road is a campground (cataract creek, I think) on the right. That is a good place to start. An easy field to play in next to the lot. A pretty easy trail to the next campground (eetherington)

the trails are all well marked. If you stay off the wilkinson summit, the oyster excursion, and the baril loop, you should be fine.

Was there a couple of weeks ago and the conditions were good. A lot of fun for families.

jrcactus

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Winfield BC
Drive the extra hour and head to Atlas Creek, a lot better trail system and way more snow. My daughter is 7 and thats were we are heading for the Family weekend as well.

C
Aug 20, 2001
Clagary, AB
Drive the extra hour and head to Atlas Creek, a lot better trail system and way more snow. My daughter is 7 and thats were we are heading for the Family weekend as well.

thanks for the info..how do I access the Atlas area..and I normally just ride in BC...do I have to register my sled or am I ok just with insurance..

Thanks

T

PistonBroke

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
reg.

you need registration and insurance. Those Park fuggers love to hand out tickets at cataract/etherington/longview spots.

jrcactus

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Winfield BC
Here are the directions to Atlas As you enter the Crowsnest Pass from the east, you will be driving on Highway #3 which takes you through the entire Municipality. You will pass by Bellevue, Frank, Blairmore, and finally Coleman at the west end. From Coleman, continue driving west until you see the Gas Plant on the south side of the highway. Across from the Devon Gas Plant there is a big blue Recreation Sign. Take that right hand turn onto the "Allison Creek Road". Follow the road for 5.5 km. straight to the staging area (2.5 km. down this road you will cross a cattle guard and there will be a fork in the road – take the right fork up the hill to the staging area)

C
Aug 20, 2001
Clagary, AB
Here are the directions to Atlas As you enter the Crowsnest Pass from the east, you will be driving on Highway #3 which takes you through the entire Municipality. You will pass by Bellevue, Frank, Blairmore, and finally Coleman at the west end. From Coleman, continue driving west until you see the Gas Plant on the south side of the highway. Across from the Devon Gas Plant there is a big blue Recreation Sign. Take that right hand turn onto the "Allison Creek Road". Follow the road for 5.5 km. straight to the staging area (2.5 km. down this road you will cross a cattle guard and there will be a fork in the road – take the right fork up the hill to the staging area)

thanks, very much appreciated.....

T

C
Jan 8, 2005
Calgary
Both Cataract Creek and Atlas are good spots for kids to ride. Snow should be decent at both right now. Cataract is just closer for when the kids lose interest and want to go home.

Premium Features