• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cat codes... M 1200 with all kinds of codes popping!!!

HardKor

Lifetime Membership
Nov 17, 2002
Crested Butte, CO
I have an 08 M 1200 with 09 updated ecu. I got snow under the hood last week and started to get all kinds of codes showing up. (1,4,6,7,14, 17 and 48) I took it back to the trailer, even though it seemed to be running fine and the egt's were normal.
I dried everything out in a heated trailer for 3 days. I shot electrical parts cleaner in all the connections and let it sit another day. I put dielectric grease on all the connections and where the wires go into the connectors.
I fired it up at the trailhead today and started to get codes right away. (1,04,17). I left it in the trailer because I wasn't sure if something might really be wrong.
Could a bad temp sensor cause other codes to show up...at a cold start?
Any thoughts and imput would be appreciated.
Thanks!!!
Kor

HardKor

Lifetime Membership
Nov 17, 2002
Crested Butte, CO
Thanks for the PM's!
I pulled the temp sensor out of the exhaust today. I stuck it in the vise and tested the resistance and got about 204 ohms. I heated it with a torch and watched it climb to just over 500 ohms. I figure it checked out fine and put it back in the sled. I pulled the tps sensor connector and shot that with electrical parts cleaner again and dielectric-ed it up. I plugger everything back in and fired it up. NO CODES! (Maybe it new I wasn't really gonna ride it!)
I am going to try the resistor in place of the temp sensor. That way I won't have to worry about lead in the gas!
Thanks!
Kor

Premium Features