• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Caster angle on the Zbroz 3" over front end

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Hey Guys
Was wondering about those of you running the Zbroz 3" over front ends on the Nytro. Are you guys running more caster angle or less with this kit ?

There have been several threads in the past talking about caster angle and as I understand it running more is better to a certain point. You have the option of running this front end with a caster angle that closely matches the OEM spec's. or you can adjust it to run more angle.

I am just curious to find if running more caster or less caster works better with this kit on the Nytro. I am sure it comes down to personal preference like most things with this sled but it never hurt to get a consensus from people using this kit to give you a starting point.

Last edited:

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
Can you show us how the caster is adjusted? I have found that the stock spec (23 degrees) is adequate. Problem with the Nytro starts with the tweaking of the subframe which progressively decreases the caster angle.

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Hey Mountaintech maybe adjust is not totaly correct way of stating it. You can't dial in the caster angle with this front end kit. I realize that the arms you have been testing on your own look like you can actually dial in the amount of caster you want.

They just shift the upper a-arm forwards or backward to decrease or increase the angle by a pre-determined amount. if you have it set one way it is suppose to be close to the OEM spec but if you move it the other way it will increase the angle as I mentioned a pre-determined amount
<O:p</O:p
Since I am setting things up I was just curious to see if people were finding the kit worked better one way then the other.

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
Gotcha, Thanks for the explanation. I see how they do it now. If I were you I would go with the 23 degrees. Is your kit the 40" wide one?

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Yea the kit is the 39.5" kit which they call their 40" inch front in kit. Of course you can set the skies on their narrowest setting to get a little more narrow stance

harrysmith500

Lifetime Membership
je6ybupe.jpg
2ehapeny.jpg

I installed my Zbroz front end last night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1-800Oregon

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Burns, OR
Just went out and measured my zbroz, not sure how accurate but got about 20.5 degress caster.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

Premium Features