• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Carb turbo boost reference?

C
Jun 7, 2016
Ionia Michigan
2007 rev trail model 800cc with the series 3 ho ptek

Does anyone remember from the old carb days on my air box to float bowl reference I have one line to each carb (green highlights) do I also need another reference to the (red dot)?
I have a really lazy bottom end and was wondering if I'm not getting a strong enough signal to the float bowels only having 1 reference line.

Attachments

• 20191107_205012.jpg
    20191107_205012.jpg
    569.2 KB · Views: 29
J
Jan 20, 2009
Northern Utah
Your setup looks correct and similar to an rmk version I had. I think the lazy bottom end is characteristic of the carb turbo. It's the reason I took my turbo off after I discovered my preference for tree riding. The carb turbo was more or less on or off, and very difficult to control in the trees where you need bottom control.

turbo800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Northern,UT
2007 rev trail model 800cc with the series 3 ho ptek

Does anyone remember from the old carb days on my air box to float bowl reference I have one line to each carb (green highlights) do I also need another reference to the (red dot)?
I have a really lazy bottom end and was wondering if I'm not getting a strong enough signal to the float bowels only having 1 reference line.

Yes, that looks correct nearest I can tell.
You need 1 reference each to the side of the carb for flat slides (dual for round slides).
You need 1 reference going to the top of your slides to help them return down to prevent run on. Yours are overkill, but will do the job.
You need 1 going to your Rising rate fuel pressure regulator, set at about 3 psi. It should maintain 3 psi about whatever boost pressure your running. 10 psi boost, 13 psi fuel.

A lazy bottom end could be as simple as clutching. Overweight for holding power too early in the shift. Could also be a sign to check your reeds and see if they are sealing properly and not chipped or cracked. Might have a boost leak somewhere as well.

C
Jun 7, 2016
Ionia Michigan
A lazy bottom end could be as simple as clutching. Overweight for holding power too early in the shift. Could also be a sign to check your reeds and see if they are sealing properly and not chipped or cracked. Might have a boost leak somewhere as well.

Thank you turbo800 sounds like you are very
Knowledgeable and know your way around a carb turbo 2 stroke.
I believe you hit a few good points right on the money.
So prior to even reading your post I dug into the reeds and found the cages had got hot causing them to warp enough I could toss a cat through the gap.
Problem #2 I took my primary apart so I could take notes on everything I have in there and noticed my thunder shift arms where in backwards so instead of tucking the mass closer to the crankshaft centerline it was sticking out.
I'm hoping the mix of those 2 thing are my problem and I tweak a few small things and be ripping this winter!
20191113_174309.jpg

Premium Features