• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Can someone update me on Bachlor condition?

S

SpencerA

Mar 30, 2010
Portland Oregon
Wanted to see if you can ride out of Kapka an park? Any snow on the trails? Wanted to take my 6 and 7 year old out for some riding but don’t want to make the trip if no snow.

H
Nov 26, 2007
Redmond OR
I'm not sure about Kapka. The snow is pretty thin down that low. The wife and I road from Dutchman today and the temperature was around 50 degrees. The snow was hard as a rock and the trails were whooped out.

Adam12

Lifetime Membership
Apr 16, 2014
Sisters, OR
I would say it is not worth it. I spoke to the folks at Elk Lake and they said another week or so of these temps and they'll be surrounded by pavement.

S

SpencerA

Mar 30, 2010
Portland Oregon
We have to big of a trailer to park At Dutchman and we would be staying overnight so Kapka is our only choice. I just want to make sure trails have snow that low. My kids love the whoops so that wouldn’t detour us from going but bair trails would. Anyone know who I could contact to find out?

Adam12

Lifetime Membership
Apr 16, 2014
Sisters, OR
We have to big of a trailer to park At Dutchman and we would be staying overnight so Kapka is our only choice. I just want to make sure trails have snow that low. My kids love the whoops so that wouldn’t detour us from going but bair trails would. Anyone know who I could contact to find out?

There is a camera on tripcheck between Dutchman and Kapka that might help. You could call the forest service too and see what they think.

M
Feb 21, 2016
Bend, Oregon
You can ride out of kapka, some dirt crossing under the highway. Temps will be cooling and expect very firm snow, it was fun Sunday, decent yesterday but the windchill today didn’t allow for the snow to soften much. Temps are expected to not get much above freezing and no real precipitation forecasted.

Premium Features