• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cadillac Ext / Chevy AValanche Sled Bed

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
I've had an Avy.
Great "car with a small box"
Great smooth ride

Would absolutely suck for what you're talking about.
I wouldn't even do it w/ a 3/4 ton avy.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
You could put a single sled deck in there no prob I'm sure? If you are after a 2-place I agree with Mafesto that it might not be the right truck for that....

I

insomniac62

Nov 19, 2010
Aberdeen, SD
Another question...is there such a thing as a single sled deck that sits as high as a dual deck? Want to retain what little bed space is available for gear food etc....

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
Another question...is there such a thing as a single sled deck that sits as high as a dual deck? Want to retain what little bed space is available for gear food etc....

Single sled trailers can be a real pain in the rear to sell........

Even though you have only one sled to trailer (At the moment), you should get a two place trailer. A lot more flexible when a buddy joins yu, or you need to haul something......

Yep, they are a few more bucks, but you get it back as compared to a single trailer.........

I

insomniac62

Nov 19, 2010
Aberdeen, SD
I have 2 sleds and a trailer....sorry to be rude but was asking about a single sled deck for an ext as the bed is small and the cosmetic pieces on the bed don't allow for a traditional sled deck. The length of the bed alone probably makes it impossible, only 5 1/4 long.

I'd have to agree though a single sled trailer would be rather impractical.

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
I have 2 sleds and a trailer....sorry to be rude but was asking about a single sled deck for an ext as the bed is small and the cosmetic pieces on the bed don't allow for a traditional sled deck. The length of the bed alone probably makes it impossible, only 5 1/4 long.

I'd have to agree though a single sled trailer would be rather impractical.

I'm not sure how practical an 11+ ft long sled in a 5'-3" bed is going to be... At that point you will quite literally have more sled aft of your tail lights than what is actually in the truck. You could custom build something out of wood to try to take some of the weight off of your tailgate, but I am still not sure how well it would work. At the very least you would be required to have a flag on it during the day and a red light on it at night as you would be more than 4ft past your tail lights.

TSTEFF

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2010
Colorado Springs, CO
I used to haul a Summit XP 154 in an avalanche and an Escalade EXT and god did it look stupid but did the trick! Although I ripped the rear spoiler deal off and it wasnt cheap to replace.

I am thinking you would probably have to build one or modify one. You would have to remove the hard tonneau cover sections There was enough tie downs in the bed to secure it.

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
mmmmmm.jpg

ttr.jpg

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC

Yes, I have seen them....guys buy them for smaller trucks like tacomas to clear the wheel wells

T
Jun 27, 2008
Bend, Oregon
I'm not sure how practical an 11+ ft long sled in a 5'-3" bed is going to be... At that point you will quite literally have more sled aft of your tail lights than what is actually in the truck. You could custom build something out of wood to try to take some of the weight off of your tailgate, but I am still not sure how well it would work. At the very least you would be required to have a flag on it during the day and a red light on it at night as you would be more than 4ft past your tail lights.

I used to throw a 162" in the back of my ranger all the time, no problems. I have a buddy who would just put a 4" piece of PVC in the groove between the tailgate and bed to keep the weight off the gate. I didn't do anything personally..

Premium Features