• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Buying a modded sled in the US and bringing it to Canada

S
Jul 4, 2009
I'm in Canada and looking at buying a sled in the states that has an ekholm tunnel on it. It has the sled's vin number etched into the new tunnel and I was wondering if there would be any problem at Canada customs with bringing it here since it has been modified and doesn't have the factory sscc label and vin number on it. Has anyone ever had any experience with a case like this? Would hate to buy it and find out I couldn't bring it over here because of this.

D
Sep 24, 2008
Rockies
I brought a sled back a few years ago that had no tunnel VIN, they crawled through it and found another VIN and I was good to go, had a good bill of sale with PO's name and contact information as well.... can always call them and check to avoid any hassle... but I say go for it

Dragontex

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2008
The sled I brought up had the stock tunnel but none of the other stickers and info on it. They were looking for it and all I had to say is the previous owner pulled it off. I also crossed at a small crossing so they weren't probably not as picky. Good luck

Premium Features