• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Build Issues

907riders.com

Mar 23, 2009
Wasilla, AK
www.907riders.com
Anyone else have dirt in the tunnel paint? Took it back to the dealer, they have taken pictures and will contact Polaris..

Also found the belly pan plastic deformed and open to the belt drive at the tunnel.. This sure seems like a poor fit to me..

907riders.com

Mar 23, 2009
Wasilla, AK
www.907riders.com
Not trying to pick fly **** out of pepper but this will lead to coating failure.

20151017_154614.jpg

20151017_154622.jpg

F

FCR112

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 1, 2008
If the snow checks are anything like the in seasons the welder, assuming a robot??? Does a nasty job at the rear of the sled where the cooler cross over is. It is done from the bottom but the aluminum is so bubbled up on the top side of mine the cap piece the snowflap rivets to is uneven. They just riveted it on right over the top of the weld slag, fit and finish is better but has room for improvement.

I am thinking of drilling out the rivets and grinding it closer to flush so it fits right on a brand new sled... I know...I'm picky, and I like that this is as serious of a gripe as I can find:). Hopefully it stays that way!

dboivin

Lifetime Membership
Apr 6, 2013
Michigan
i would probably do the same, drill the rivet out...grind down and then re-rivet. I don't think your being picky either...thats something quality control shoulda caught IMO.

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
[/QUOTE]
I am thinking of drilling out the rivets and grinding it closer to flush so it fits right on a brand new sled... I know...I'm picky, and I like that this is as serious of a gripe as I can find:). Hopefully it stays that way![/QUOTE]

Your not picky, as much as these things cost those things shouldn't be looked over, That crap shouldn't get passed through quality control

Last edited:

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Good hell. I'd hope a robot could be programmed to do a better job than that.

F

FCR112

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 1, 2008
Hahahaa,
I'd like to believe the workers who are building the sleds at Polaris industries take pride in their workmanship and wouldn't actually put human eyes on this and think it is ok. So I'm going with robot:face-icon-small-ton

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
The AXYS could be another pound lighter if they had done those welds correctly. I've never been a fan of the squirt gun approach to anything, but those are hideous.

I say, "Gorilla weld be gone and redone with a nice GTAW (TIG) weld, if it was my sled". With a nice weld there, it is a shame to re-attach the plastic and hide it. This should be Polaris's goal when completing these welds, whether completed by robot or human hands.

Last edited:
Premium Features