• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

boost it turbo kit and exhaust temp sensor??

L

lightening800

Sep 4, 2004
northern alberta
just curious why the exhaust temp sensor is not used in the boost it kit? I also have a stage 1 mpi kit on my boys viper and it uses the sensor in the same spot as stock, I am just wondering if it would be better to weld a bung in the pipe before the turbo and put it back in there or just leave it tied off to the side.
I do notice the mpi kit is much more like a stock sled, very linear and clean smooth power all the way up. Mine with boost it is a bit lazier until it comes on full boost. Both sleds are identical as for clutching gearing etc. just curious, I would think the ECM would want to see the exhaust temp so it could fuel it properly?.thx

up-high

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta Canada
Are both kits the same hp? I would think the clutching should be different. Never heard of a Boost-It kit being characterized as "lazy"

L

lightening800

Sep 4, 2004
northern alberta
Are both kits the same hp? I would think the clutching should be different. Never heard of a Boost-It kit being characterized as "lazy"
Same boost levels 8/9 lbs each, same clutching, same weights, and we can stay side by side, my boy has a bit of a edge cause he is lighter, when we race up hills. Maybe his kit is more smooth cause it uses stock injectors I don't really know. But besides his kit gets heat soaked if he is hard on his sled, they both pull real good.

up-high

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta Canada
Super should be quicker out of the hole because it's connected to the crank. If you can stay with him off the line, the boost it isn't lazy.

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
Same boost levels 8/9 lbs each, same clutching, same weights, and we can stay side by side, my boy has a bit of a edge cause he is lighter, when we race up hills. Maybe his kit is more smooth cause it uses stock injectors I don't really know. But besides his kit gets heat soaked if he is hard on his sled, they both pull real good.

yeh strange mine is in no way lazy,you should call neil & ask him what he thinks,i know they have some new fuel maps.

Premium Features