• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BONEHEAD MOVE OF THE YEAR...and the year just began!

J
Nov 30, 2007
Clovis, California
well, the sled and trailer are basically OK. after the flip...a wrecker showed up and 7 of us crawled inside the trailer to lift the sled out. the wrecker came in very handy here since he could slide the bed almost inside the flippin' trailer. we lifted it out no problem...those nytros are LIGHT! :)

then, we threw the wench around the tire that was in the air and slowly pulled it down on to the wrecker so it wouldn't slam all the way to the ground. after that we just pulled the wrecker forward and it was over. one pretty good crease in the side of the nytro (cosmetic) and a couple of scrapes on the exterior of the trailer. oh yeah, the handle bars of the sled were poking out of the roof so i'll be putting in some new vents up there. :) the tongue was thrashed on the trailer too.

i rode the sled today and she ran pretty good. i'm not a huge fan of the challenger extreme 2.25 i've come to learn. that powder claw fookin' rips! gonna have to get one of those.

jim...i LOVE the NASA shot of the 'lighter than air' nytro. very funny.

jeff

R

Rock Star

Mar 29, 2008
Park City, Utah
sorry for your luck but a damn good lesson for us. I have a LOT of snow on top at times. Not after that show! not every day is a Kodak Day. ;)

S
May 16, 2008
Reno
The good news is the snow is off now right. Dude bra that sucks Jlowe. LOL I can only imagin you looking in your rear view mirror after it happend going no way that just happend then the puzzled look on your face getting out and seeing that. HU what the F just happend is there a rewind button did I just miss something????????Sorry stud see you this weekend have the camera ready I am going to distroy DG AKA Dan Gardner he is my B!tch. Ask AO about my sidehill today wish that would have been on film is was a great f ing sidehill I would have to say in my top five best moves ever.

silvertip

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 3, 2001
Nevada City Calif
Ask AO about my sidehill today wish that would have been on film is was a great f ing sidehill I would have to say in my top five best moves ever.

I haft to give you two thumb's up and the best part was you scramming all the way across the hill above the trees.:eek:

Very entertaining :p

S
May 16, 2008
Reno
I haft to give you two thumb's up and the best part was you scramming all the way across the hill above the trees.:eek:

Very entertaining :p

Well I am glad but do you blame me that was I beleive in my top five of all time greatest moves. I even impressed myself. Where is the camera when you really do something great and not planed:mad: you just cant explain something like that Silvertip you know!!!!!

PowderCrew

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2007
in the shadow of the Rubies, Nevada
Gee, dont know why everyone is throwin ya' such sympathy? It looks like it worked. I didnt see one piece of snow or ice on that roof. Seems Cali is always the first to come up with new ways of doing things! :D

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Bwaaaa Ha Haaa!!

That, my friend, is some funny chit right there (knowing that you are ok of course)

The Camo Extreme is a very soft compound track, much softer than its 2.50 inch tall cousin.

Give " Dub" a PM on the 4M here to get some good feedback on the PClaw.

Alan at Timbersled has been running the 163" Polaris track on his turbo nitro with good results also.

Whats up with the B.C. Plans??

i rode the sled today and she ran pretty good. i'm not a huge fan of the challenger extreme 2.25 i've come to learn. that powder claw fookin' rips! gonna have to get one of those.

jeff

J
Nov 30, 2007
Clovis, California
Bwaaaa Ha Haaa!!

That, my friend, is some funny chit right there (knowing that you are ok of course)

The Camo Extreme is a very soft compound track, much softer than its 2.50 inch tall cousin.

Give " Dub" a PM on the 4M here to get some good feedback on the PClaw.

Alan at Timbersled has been running the 163" Polaris track on his turbo nitro with good results also.

Whats up with the B.C. Plans??

thanks eric...the only feedback i need is what i saw a power-claw do yesterday on heavy sierra cement. it SMOKED everyone and we all had big iron on the hill. i've had several very good sled tuners/riders tell me it is one of the best, single mods you can do to a sled right now. i was running my turbo at 15 pounds climbing on a medium hill and i was just spinnin' out. the powerclaw on a mod m1000 but probably 30HPS less than me was rippin'.

jeff

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Yea... I've been hearing good things about the P claw track...

The 2.25" Camo Ext you are running is probably the WORST choice for a high HP (turbo) sled out there.

Many of the "big" sleds that are running the 2.5" Camo Extreem do not have anywhere near the needed paddle to tunnel clerance to minimize on huge power-robbing parasitic drag created by the track and the snow that it is trying to pump thru the tunnel.... just basic fluid-mechanics. The 2.25" tracks (like the PC) don't have this issue.

There are other factors at play when comparing the abilities of the Cat to the Yami as well, like angle of attack of the track, weight. etc...more than simply the track and HP.

"freeagent" on the forums here has the Cat PowerClaw for a VERY good price delivered to your door. (in the $600 range)
Michelle
541-523-3500

... but I'm sure that WCS will get you dialed in whatever you get.

Let us know how it works out for ya and stay healthy my friend!!

track.jpg

Last edited:

King o the Hill

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Long Beach, Ca
www.teamsummit.net
Bro... I don't even know where to begin :eek:

Sorry,

LMFAO,

Poor Sled,

Karma?? NAWWWWWW,

WOW! too bad no vid,

I am sure the neighbor really like sledders now after the drag race out your hood at the premier!! LOL,

can't wait to discuss o'er a 7/7 soon!,

Glad everything is OK!,

PS these things come in threes you know.... (that was 3 right??)!!! ;)

PS I LOVE MY POWER CLAW!!! ALREADY TAKEN ME PLACES I SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN!!! IT RAWKS!!

Last edited:

Snoboner

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle Point, OR
Drag race at Jlowe's? How come I wasn't invited... Oh yeah... I was there... Black smoke and the smell of burning rubber with King and Bart in the rear view mirror :D Neighbors doors and windows flying open to see all the clatter :p Used to be a nice neighborhood!

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
meh.. I still got you beat, dropping mine off a cliff in nov.. I was really hoping somebody would take the "Bonehead move of the year" crown away from me.. .oh well...

Does a Navy experience count? "BOB" Back on the Boat when there was some confusion about which direction to turn .... while the officers argued about it we ran aground.

Premium Features