• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boards Are Shredding Boots

W
Dec 24, 2019
My Klim Boa boots are getting ripped up from the aggressive running boards. Straight to my socks!

Resole suggestions? I love these boots, but the Michelin soles are not holding up.

Alternate boot suggestions?

Put rubber tips on all the spikes (ha ha). ?

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Is that the havoc? I thought they were awesome and the michelin sole was the bomb. Had 2 seasons and sole looks great. My other klim boa boots had a harder sole and i would shred them. Don't know unless something has changed in the material. Also thought they were grippier. Less sliding around which is like a cheese grater.

F
Oct 2, 2011
sask
My Klim Boa boots are getting ripped up from the aggressive running boards. Straight to my socks!

Resole suggestions? I love these boots, but the Michelin soles are not holding up.

Haven’t heard one good thing about those Michelin soles holding up well from anybody.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

L
Feb 13, 2010
nl, canada

Use to have the same problem with my Kim’s on the RMK boards, had to file down the tips on the outside of the boards to help reduce the shredding

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
The klim havocs with the Michelin sole is the best boot made. Only the havocs have that sole. I ride 50x a year. Use to get one season out of my boots. I’m on season 4 with my havocs and they are finally due to be replaced.

W
Dec 24, 2019
Is that the havoc? I thought they were awesome and the michelin sole was the bomb. Had 2 seasons and sole looks great. My other klim boa boots had a harder sole and i would shred them. Don't know unless something has changed in the material. Also thought they were grippier. Less sliding around which is like a cheese grater.
Adrenaline.

Epoxy and glue seems to be working as a fix, at least for now.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Adrenaline.

Epoxy and glue seems to be working as a fix, at least for now.
I couldn't think of the name but that is the ones i would shred the sole in a year. Get the havoc. Michelin sole is grippier and i bet i get 2 or 3 more years. Seems like i got them in 19. They've rode cat doo and poo boards. The adrenaline sole seems hard and plasic like. Slides and slips

stocksucks!!

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2008
fort st john b.c
www.powderking.com
Guys this question has way way too many variables.. ie rider weight, how aggressive they are, snow conditions. I am 250lb put on 2500-3000km a season about 30 mountain days. aggressive rider and very tough on gear. I get roughly a season on a set on any brand boots. klim,509,tobe,fxr. my HMK lasted like 3-4 rides they were junk. now I have the skidoo tec rec boot seems to waring the same as all the others.. let me know if there's somewhere in Canada that can resole the boots. I have 6 pairs of klim boots sitting in my garage and a pair of tobe that need retread. my father in-law 200lb not super aggressive ride same amount of days same spots and his boots last 2-3 yrs klim boots.
so like I said in the begins lots of factors in play here.

W
Dec 24, 2019
I've had my Klim boots for 3 seasons on my 2020 Expert, no shredding. Soles still looked new.
I lost 20 lbs this year, ride the same, and the 2023 FreeRide shredded them.

b-litt

Premium Member
Aug 21, 2012
McCall, ID
m.youtube.com
I won’t complain about aggressive boards. Traction is so important. My feeling is, it’s easier to file down something you feel is too aggressive than add traction to boards not aggressive enough.

Premium Features