• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Black Hills Conditions 5

P

polarisedge

Feb 20, 2008
NE SD
snow was great this weekend, waist deep.. stuck multiple times

0304120926.jpg
[/IMG]

moonshiner

Lifetime Membership
Jan 13, 2008
Yankton, SD
Had a great trip to the Hills last weekend. Friday we unloaded from Trailshead and took the wives up through Spearfish Canyon. Had really good snow all over. Woke up Saturday to about 4" fresh snow, with all the wind it was more like 8"+ in the trees. Rode out of Rec Springs and was surprised at how good the snow was, probably the best we have ever had! We never even made it way down south like we wanted, we were shot by 2 pm! The power lines, which are usually all tracked up, were awesome! A few pics below, the video is of the play area off the new trail 5t, pretty nice hill climb but it was really windblown.

2012-03-02_15-37-08_214.jpg

2012-03-03_11-06-07_301.jpg

2012-03-03_11-06-13_126.jpg

Nodaker

Lifetime Membership
Feb 4, 2008
VC, ND
Places to stay

Wife and I are planning to head to the Hills on Thursday. Where's the best places to stay based on current snow conditions? Would like a cabin we could ride out of, but will trailer is we have to.

Thanks!

W

wag13

Jun 22, 2008
Spearfish,SD
A little mid week therapy

Got bored today in school so I made this, just messin with some camera angels.

Last edited:
P

polarisedge

Feb 20, 2008
NE SD
Wife and I are planning to head to the Hills on Thursday. Where's the best places to stay based on current snow conditions? Would like a cabin we could ride out of, but will trailer is we have to.

Thanks!

imo best snow is south of trailshead along the trail 1 corridor

Nodaker

Lifetime Membership
Feb 4, 2008
VC, ND
Trails Head and South seem to be what I've been hearing. Guess we'll try to get a place nearby and check it out.
Thanks.

jd440

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2009
SD
how is the snow holdin up with the high temps? will it still be good this weekend?

sdsnocop

Premium Member
Feb 3, 2009
Hot Springs, SD
Any freh snow in this weeks forcast?

Small shot tonight and tommorrow morning. Should not amount to much. Expect spring like conditions next weekend. Crusty in the morning soft in the afternoon. The trails on the outer edges (Lead, Deadwood, Hwy 385) will start to suffer. Snow in the central and South will hold up fine.

R

rsoukup37

Nov 9, 2009
Southeast SD
does anyone want to tag along with me on saturday. wanting to come out this weekend as i dont know when i will be able to go again for a while. or if you would like another person to tag along if you go this weekend or something.

S
Dec 7, 2007
Elkhorn NE
does anyone want to tag along with me on saturday. wanting to come out this weekend as i dont know when i will be able to go again for a while. or if you would like another person to tag along if you go this weekend or something.

In the snow conditions there more the better. I was there with my son who is not that experienced and when I got suck I was by my self because he could not get to me. Made for a long day at times. Bring a shovel.

R

rsoukup37

Nov 9, 2009
Southeast SD
i can handle myself out there but just like to ride with a few other people to make the day a little better. i go to the snowies more than anything but just nobody wanting to go and i want to get out one more time before my season comes to an end with spring around the corner.

Premium Features