• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bike and kit for racing

T
Aug 8, 2011
What do you guys think the ultimate kit and bike setup would be for racing the snowbike season? The new 2021 Honda is looking pretty good to me. How do the narrow rail yeti kits compare with the sx timber sled kit? Pros and cons? Thanks for any info

The new 120r or 120sx are great kits and have narrow rail spacing similar to the yeti. I'd pair with a new ktm/husky, they just seem to transfer power through the kit better than other brands. The ktm's seem to drive forward instantly where the yamaha and honda's go down first then forward. I don't know why that is.

For me, in a racing situation where you're likely to get hit or ran over at some point aluminum/steel is a better option than carbon. Weight difference is only 5 lbs per yeti/timbersled websites.

E
Dec 19, 2007
What are the differences of the 120r and sx? All I got off the website is the r is 10 wide with the riots half frame and 2.52 pitch low stiff paddle. But no details on the sx were shown.

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
Also as far as a 4 stroke goes you can pull a lot... I mean a lot of reliable power out of a 450sxf 16 and up without pulling the bottom end... 71ish is sustainable...

Sent from my SM-F900U using Tapatalk

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
Between kits I find the spool up is much faster on the yeti.. but like mentioned expensive if the tunnel gets toasted..

Sent from my SM-F900U using Tapatalk

wonderdummy

Premium Member
Dec 27, 2007
What are the differences of the 120r and sx? All I got off the website is the r is 10 wide with the riots half frame and 2.52 pitch low stiff paddle. But no details on the sx were shown.

From what I can tell the new sx looks just like last years Race team only R. Narrow rails, lightweight drivetrain, hybrid riot/aro suspension/frame, snow hawk track and I think the kids of backcountry ski( seen it listed with both skis). https://www.timbersled.com/en-ca/snow-bikes/aro-120-sx/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

E
Dec 19, 2007
That's awesome, The old back country ski really is a lot better for that kind of use.I wish they would remold it to have an exoskeleton Mount like the aro and sell it complete for $250!

Premium Features