• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Big Iron Shootout

F
Aug 5, 2001
Utah
Why does it have to be a sanctioned event? Pick a date and people will show up. They can't close the forest. The greenies would like too but lets have just have a big riding weekend everyone shows up too. Nothing illegal about that. The town and merchants will love it. Get there early and watch the gong show.

Actually they can close the forrest. From what we understood from last year they were going to sell a limited number of trail permits, they make you buy one in Revy. Who wants to drive 16 hours to be turned around at the trail. BIS will never be big again unless the govt embraces it.

F
Aug 5, 2001
Utah
Why dont they have it in January? Wouldnt it be more challenging? I think it would seperate the real hillclimbers from the wannabes.

have you ever been to the BIS? theres not much prob with seperating. When I was there you had 3000 people watching and 10 people climbing. What is it that you want to seperate again?

J
Jun 11, 2005
Clearwater BC
Please.....No Speedo's!!:eek::eek:

382988132_7b05f662e5_m.jpg

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
BWAHAHAHA, you are probably right, that sucked azz. At least it was the end of the day.

U
Jan 17, 2008
Hinton Alberta
We went the winter of 2006, what a time it was. I was flat azz broke, I took in all my empties and sold some old sled parts I had. I also found some friends that owed me some money and made them pay up! Went to Revy for the BIS with two friends who were broke as much as I was. All we ate was hot dogs, pizza pops, and A&W once so we could afford to ride and make it home!!! One of the best sledding trips ever.:D

Premium Features