• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

best y-pipe?

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
thinking ill try an aftermarket y-pipe next year. Maybe it will clear up some of the downhill stubble?
i see theres a few choices:
BDX/SSI, D&D, bikeman, and.. ??
I think the speedwerx is out for me as it says fuel controller required. I dont wanna get into that. This will go on a 17MC, any opinions? Im thinking maybe at least two of these companies might be the same exact header but idk..
Is the BDX their own design or just one of the fore-mentioned brands that they sell under their own name?
anyways, :beer;

Last edited:

armey37

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2008
Richland,WA
I run the SSI y-pipe and you can feel the added mid range power ����with it. The overall build quality such as the welds don't look very clean but I have had zero issues with cracks with around 600 miles. The chrome finish does turn brown over time. Overall I would buy one again for the price and hp gains.

Last edited:

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
Two of us in my group have the SSI y-pipe this year. Both sleds seem to run great, buddy on a bigbore pro actually accused me of piping my sled this year but it's got nothing but the y-pipe and a diamond s can. No experience with other y-pipes

Storskogen

Lifetime Membership
Jan 17, 2014
Sweden
thinking ill try an aftermarket y-pipe next year. Maybe it will clear up some of the downhill stubble?
i see theres a few choices:
BDX/SSI, D&D, bikeman, and.. ??
I think the speedwerx is out for me as it says fuel controller required. I dont wanna get into that. This will go on a 17MC, any opinions? Im thinking maybe at least two of these companies might be the same exact header but idk..
Is the BDX their own design or just one of the fore-mentioned brands that they sell under their own name?
anyways, :beer;
Sorry to say that I don't think you will fix the low end bog (if that's what you mean?) with just a y-pipe.

M800 -13, Speedwerx full exhaust and clutching, Power Commander V.
Bearcat 660T -06 Stock!

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
No. The pipe in the link is the TSS pipe. If you have questions on the SLP or want one, just call 208-354-2777. We don't have it on the website and may not get it up this year. People are purchasing them the old fashioned way every week and loving it.

M
Oct 4, 2015
Montana
DynoTech numbers on Y-pipes

It may be a bit dated, but DynoTech did an informative study on Y-pipes on '10 & '11 Crossfire Suzuki 800 HO's. This may not be an equal evaluation for the newer Zuke 800's with aftermarket Y-pipes as the Y-pipes are the same but the '10 & ;11 Arctic Cat 800's ran a different stock expansion pipe & different mapping with more timing. The results are nonetheless interesting; The D&D & Speedworks Y-pipes did add HP plus torque but at different max RPM. The BMP (Bikeman) Y-pipe did not add much until it was paired with their Big-Azz pipe! READ IT.:eyebrows:

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
The BMP sure looks nice.
I was curious on that TSS pipe because it says no fuel controller and adds low end.
My 17 seems to run kinda lean around 7300-7500rpm, just going off sound of it, i might be wrong, but certainly dont wanna burn the thing down with a little mod like this.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Sorry to say that I don't think you will fix the low end bog (if that's what you mean?) with just a y-pipe.

M800 -13, Speedwerx full exhaust and clutching, Power Commander V.
Bearcat 660T -06 Stock!

no bog, but it loads up when decending steep hills. not a big deal, would be nice if it cleared out quicker tho.

Speed Shop Inc.

Premium Member
Nov 4, 2009
Cannon Falls, MN
www.speedshopinc.com
Ours are made of stainless steel. They are $149.95 and they really do work very well.
We picked up 7 hp and 4 lb/ft of torque in the mid range and 3-5 hp peak depending on the rpm. I say that because it has a lot broader powerband than stock. Where the stock exhaust has a pretty narrow powerband at 8100 rpm peak, with our Y pipe it makes the same power from 7900-8300.

When you put them on, you can feel the difference instantly. They work

ssimancat2.jpg

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
cool thanks for the reply SSI. I was leaning toward a D&D but yours seems like a good choice in stainless. I over rev down low a little so that im perfect rpm up high, so good to know yours wont fall off on hp at 82-8300 like it appears the BMP one does, from that dynotech article mentioned.
thanks for the posts guys

Oct 6, 2013
A Y-Pipe and Reeds will really wake the 800 up. Reeds really work on this engine as well. Lots of dyno info on HCS about these mods.

S
Mar 6, 2010
Quick question for SSI. Website says the Y-Pipe will fit 2010-16. Is there something different for '17 or site just not updated yet. Thank you for your time.

Premium Features