• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best skid plate for mountain Matryx?

Pickin’ Boogers

Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2013
I've always used Polaris-branded skid plates in the past, but the only review on the Polaris website for the "Sentry" doesn't sound very promising (misaligned holes). With a new '23 in the garage getting prepped, and an aftermarket bumper from Backwoods BMP already in hand, what would you recommend? I prefer plastic to aluminum. And running without a skid plate just doesn't feel worth it to me - I skip off enough rocks and logs that something is better than nothing. Is T Rex the only other option to the Sentry?

Last edited:

cnote

Lifetime Membership
Sep 2, 2014
Not sure who else sells them but I'm in the same camp as you (hitting stuff) and I'm another unhappy Sentry skid plate customer. Installed on 22 matryx khaos and both the outer holes were misaligned and ended up stripping the self tapping screws. Easy enough fix but sure expected the basics to be right.

Pickin’ Boogers

Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2013
Considering they're the same bulkhead, would the RPM version for the Axys work on the Matryx?

Lobster Carl

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 21, 2018
I just used rivits and re drilled the sentry skid plate to make it fit.
Is anybody making a quickdrive skid plate for the matryx?

rmk800ak

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2002
Fairbanks AK.
Considering they're the same bulkhead, would the RPM version for the Axys work on the Matryx?

No the plastics are different. The way the RPM is formed to the plastics it would mesh up . Similar to the Skinz bash plates . They semi fit but you got to get creative a bit to make them fit . Carbon fiber is not forgiving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pickin’ Boogers

Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2013
I called RPM and he sounded like he'd consider making them for the Matryx, but his Axys skid plate hasn't sold well compared to the Doo model.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I called RPM and he sounded like he'd consider making them for the Matryx, but his Axys skid plate hasn't sold well compared to the Doo model.
Probably because skidoo guys are trying to save a fragile bulkhead.

I haven’t even considered spending more money to add weight on my last 6 sleds.
11 pro
13 pro
16 pro
16 axys silber turbo
17 pro
22 boost.

I’ve never broken a bulkhead or damaged anything a skid plate would have saved in many hard thrasher miles.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Probably because skidoo guys are trying to save a fragile bulkhead.

I haven’t even considered spending more money to add weight on my last 6 sleds.
11 pro
13 pro
16 pro
16 axys silber turbo
17 pro
22 boost.

I’ve never broken a bulkhead or damaged anything a skid plate would have saved in many hard thrasher miles.
2nd that. Never ran a skid plate ever.

Premium Features