• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Belt guard

W
Dec 24, 2019
I found getting the belt side panel on is tough after you install a new belt. The belt remains expanded too far out, disallowing the guard to go over it. Had to lift the track and engage the clutch, which made it then simple to slide on.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Had the belt guard off. What a brick!
I read a while back that messing with them disrupts the engineered air flow but man is that thing a two ton tammy

It has to be beefy since it's now the outside panel itself and not behind an outside panel. That's how Doo narrowed the sled so much.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
I found getting the belt side panel on is tough after you install a new belt. The belt remains expanded too far out, disallowing the guard to go over it. Had to lift the track and engage the clutch, which made it then simple to slide on.

Do you mean the secondary clutch was too far out? If so, you should have been able to lift the track on a stand and just turn the secondary by hand to adjust the belt.

I did that, no issues, and the clutch panel went right back on.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
Nothing wrong with the clutch side panel, IMO it’s the same weight as the old panel, WITH the clutch guard of the G4 added to the mass of the old side panel.
Best fit and finish sled doo made yet IMO.
I find it funny when guys complain about how heavy parts are. Oh my factory muffler is too heavy.
#getoffthecouchandlooseweightoffyourbelly.

Premium Features