• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Backwoods Highmark Spindle?

wonderxc600

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
MN
Has anyone used the Backwoods spindles on a non khaos. What were your thoughts. Are they worth the price?

Screenshot_20230207_120552_Chrome.jpg

b-litt

Premium Member
Aug 21, 2012
McCall, ID
m.youtube.com
Has anyone used the Backwoods spindles on a non khaos. What were your thoughts. Are they worth the price?
I’m a sucker for spending money on anything aftermarket. Most of what I buy does nothing good, and sometimes goes backwards. I’ve never tried these spindles, but have tried the iceage elevate on the axys and matryx. I believe they are a similar concept. I just can’t feel any improvement. And if it’s anything it’s definitely not enough to justify what I paid. If stock spindles had durability issues that would be one thing, but they don’t.

wonderxc600

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
MN
I’m a sucker for spending money on anything aftermarket. Most of what I buy does nothing good, and sometimes goes backwards. I’ve never tried these spindles, but have tried the iceage elevate on the axys and matryx. I believe they are a similar concept. I just can’t feel any improvement. And if it’s anything it’s definitely not enough to justify what I paid. If stock spindles had durability issues that would be one thing, but they don’t.
I can be a sucker for pretty things sometimes as well
I try to see how well things work. Especially at that price. I broke a spindles, so I need to get a new spindle and I'm itching to spend some money. Lol but I don't wanna waste it

b-litt

Premium Member
Aug 21, 2012
McCall, ID
m.youtube.com
I can be a sucker for pretty things sometimes as well
I try to see how well things work. Especially at that price. I broke a spindles, so I need to get a new spindle and I'm itching to spend some money. Lol but I don't wanna waste it
Well the ice age at least didn’t make it worse. Probably not a bad purchase if you’re replacing a broken one. You must have hit something good! I guess I have seen a few stock spindles break at the tip.

wonderxc600

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
MN
Well the ice age at least didn’t make it worse. Probably not a bad purchase if you’re replacing a broken one. You must have hit something good! I guess I have seen a few stock spindles break at the tip.
Yeah carving and hit a rock tweek it just a little and I also tried to fit between a 30inch gap. Lol
Thanks

D
Mar 13, 2014
Spindles in my opinion are the best upgrade for the skidoo. Not sure about Polaris but the Ice Age is superior to all others. You most likely will need to adjust pre load on your front skid shock.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
I agree with what B and Sheet are saying. I have ridden the taller spindles and I don't really care for them. I didn't feel how they added any performance. Though, they definitely add to stiffer steering. Which really doesn't effect serious riding in the trees or climbing but is an annoyance when on the trail or just turning around to get next to your buddies to enjoy your lunch. I think the taller spindles belong in the Snake Oil section.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I think they're great if the sled was designed with them like the polaris.
I've ran taller spindle on an alpha. It kindof stopped the front-end diving. Whether that was spindles or dropping front of skid and longer limiter strap or a combo is up for grabs. The front of sled and rear just don't jive together stock. You do get the added benefit of heavier steering, which cat really needs, since they already steer so easy.
As far as skidoo. I dont see the benefit unless it's in the ski bolt offset to fix some of the quirky handling or death wobble. My lynx has the front up so whats the gain. It's not like my a arm is plowing snow all day. With the lift you will get more arm clearance but was thinking the lynx bulkhead height is about the same as polaris.
My vote is skis on the ground equals heavy steering. Skis up and going, whats the gain other than messing with your rear suspension

Premium Features