• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Back Firing and not taching on 05 900

Sled was running really boggy on low end and back firing a little. Couldnt even hit 7000 rpm. Changed plugs and belt (115) still boggy and then could at least hit 7350. It helped a little. Figured it was tps. So I built the radio shack tps tool from MountainHorse and tps was set at .88 adjusted it to.93
checked the smoothness of the throttle increase with old analog meter seemed fine. When I would have wot the volt meter would only read 4.00 and on the picture posted by MH the volt meter was reading 4.24. Was wondering if that would affect the Top end? What was really frustrating was it ran perfect on the top end once we headed back to the truck and dropped in elevation from 8-9000ft to 6-7000ft. It was taching at 7800 perfect and crisp. SLP Pipe and Can Reflash, New primary balanced and 72 gram MTX wgts, blue pink spring,SLP intake. Just wondering if anybody had any other thoughts before I put it back together and try it out.

Premium Features