• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Back Country X track?

xcmark

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Mass-hole
The riding area that I spend 60% of time in around my camp is loaded with icey hill on the trail and I need a track that can be studded . I am considering putting a 1.75 track on my Assault 144 that has 2.52 drivers , The only way currently that is only available in a single ply version from Camo. Did any of the OEM offer a 144 x 15 wide 2.52 drive two ply version ?

Any one have any info on the 9206R camoplast BCX track , is it a hard rubber compound?

What if any draw back does the single ply version have if studded? I am looking to put about 100 studs in the track in either single or double backers only up the middle of the track.

How does the back country X stand up, does the lugs chunk off or delaminate if its ridden under 70 mph?

This past fall I upgraded the skid to a EZ-RYDE Carve Xc and looking to be more off trail capable . The skid offers much better traction and better bump capability but I think the cobra is holding it back in 4' deep fluffy snow. In the current spring conditions there isn't any reason to go to a taller lug but as every east coast rider knows when the big thaw happens the season ends in 2~3 weeks without fresh snow fall.

550iq

Oct 7, 2008
Anchorage, Alaska
For an Iron Dog run with my SBA, I switched out the 2" paddle track with a pre-studded, single ply 144" x 1.25" Rip Saw track, then added single ply track studs at two per bar.

You can also stud your 1.352" Cobra track with studs designed for a 1.25" single ply track. That is what we did when we set up our SB Adventure Axys sleds this year. Worked well.

There is a $175 tunnel protector kit that will have to be installed. In a small way, the tunnel protectors impede efficient cooling due to their design and where the tunnel heat exchangers are located. No way around it.

My experience with the Back Country track is that is a soft lugged paddle track. 550iq

Premium Features