• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Axys Makes One Grin

J

jhillam

May 2, 2010
Dealer spoofed me into ordering a 2016 snow check Axys RMK 155. Black on black with clicker shocks. Compression dials all the way down and springs unwound till loose in the spring cups. Wow, this is an awesome sled! I called dealer just to say "thanks." I broke it in per dynotech instructions--lots of load and stick with Polaris gold. I've had over a dozen high performance snowmobiles, including latest and greatest Boondocker equipped Pro RMK and I can't say enough good about this Axys.
-the bottom end is simply surreal. I hit it over and over again and just grin every time
-the skid transfers! When you hit it skis come up and it feels like you're lifting off the ground. When you stand forward the front end isn't overly light. Stand back and kiss the sky!
-shock valving is awesome coming off a walker Evans Pro. I can rail over the stutters and can pound moguls with total confidence. It feels compliant on droppers without bottoming.
-snow stick on powder coated skid and tunnel is non existent. It stays light.
-sled feels 50-60 lbs lighter than my pro. More difference in feeling from pro to Axys than from dragon to pro
-motor sings on top end. It sounds good above 8200 rpm. With stock clutching, derlin washer and the ptfe lube on secondary rollers it guns to 8300 rpm and sticks dead on up hardback and powder hills
-track is awesome! I have Polaris 2.4, camo challenger, camo extreme, camo X3, camo peak, and this Polaris 2.6 wins in all snow except off camber hard pack side hills where peak or power claw has side knobs to bite and prevent washout. This track spins up faster than any of them and works awesome in combo snow conditions. Light tree riding is effortless with this track...it doesn't trench yet it moves snow out from under it like the best of camoplast
-cooling system holds temp near 120 degree thermostat opening. How many of us with pros have shuddered seeing 160+ on our gauges and wondered how to cool them down?
-hood removal is completely tool-less and fast.
-sled lifting is incredibly light. Lift the back end and compare to pro, cat, or doo. I haven't felt something this light for one handed lifting since the Polaris wedge mod sleds.

This is not only the best sled Polaris has ever made, this is the best production mountain snowmobile I've ever straddled. I raced a few guys with legacy 800s and torched them without too much effort. When some doos pulled up I fumbled 3 launches so I could watch them run against brothers pro. If anyone was grinning more than me it was those two doo riders who must've gone home to brag about smoking a new Axys:)

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
Totally agree. Swapping between my '15 Pro and the Axys, the Pro feels like it has cement in the bulkhead.
In fairness, the Pro has the offered E-Start, but also has a Diamond S Ti can, with BMP pipe, so not entirely apples to apples, more like apples to asian pear lol.

Regardless, both have been utterly flawless, save for the Axys fuel return line coupler not being fully clipped together and causing me to lose a tank of chevron's finest 94 octane into the bellypan lol.

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
Totally agree. Swapping between my '15 Pro and the Axys, the Pro feels like it has cement in the bulkhead.
In fairness, the Pro has the offered E-Start, but also has a Diamond S Ti can, with BMP pipe, so not entirely apples to apples, more like apples to asian pear lol.

Regardless, both have been utterly flawless, save for the Axys fuel return line coupler not being fully clipped together and causing me to lose a tank of chevron's finest 94 octane into the bellypan lol.

I am just curious . . what elevation are you riding or what mods do you have that would require 94 octane?

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
Unload about 2500, ride up to 7500. It's more a safety/fudge factor than necessity.
Axys is stock save for a BDX Ti can, Pro has a BMP pipe/Diamond S can.

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
Dealer spoofed me into ordering a 2016 snow check Axys RMK 155. Black on black with clicker shocks. Compression dials all the way down and springs unwound till loose in the spring cups. Wow, this is an awesome sled! I called dealer just to say "thanks." I broke it in per dynotech instructions--lots of load and stick with Polaris gold. I've had over a dozen high performance snowmobiles, including latest and greatest Boondocker equipped Pro RMK and I can't say enough good about this Axys.
-the bottom end is simply surreal. I hit it over and over again and just grin every time
-the skid transfers! When you hit it skis come up and it feels like you're lifting off the ground. When you stand forward the front end isn't overly light. Stand back and kiss the sky!
-shock valving is awesome coming off a walker Evans Pro. I can rail over the stutters and can pound moguls with total confidence. It feels compliant on droppers without bottoming.
-snow stick on powder coated skid and tunnel is non existent. It stays light.
-sled feels 50-60 lbs lighter than my pro. More difference in feeling from pro to Axys than from dragon to pro
-motor sings on top end. It sounds good above 8200 rpm. With stock clutching, derlin washer and the ptfe lube on secondary rollers it guns to 8300 rpm and sticks dead on up hardback and powder hills
-track is awesome! I have Polaris 2.4, camo challenger, camo extreme, camo X3, camo peak, and this Polaris 2.6 wins in all snow except off camber hard pack side hills where peak or power claw has side knobs to bite and prevent washout. This track spins up faster than any of them and works awesome in combo snow conditions. Light tree riding is effortless with this track...it doesn't trench yet it moves snow out from under it like the best of camoplast
-cooling system holds temp near 120 degree thermostat opening. How many of us with pros have shuddered seeing 160+ on our gauges and wondered how to cool them down?
-hood removal is completely tool-less and fast.
-sled lifting is incredibly light. Lift the back end and compare to pro, cat, or doo. I haven't felt something this light for one handed lifting since the Polaris wedge mod sleds.

This is not only the best sled Polaris has ever made, this is the best production mountain snowmobile I've ever straddled. I raced a few guys with legacy 800s and torched them without too much effort. When some doos pulled up I fumbled 3 launches so I could watch them run against brothers pro. If anyone was grinning more than me it was those two doo riders who must've gone home to brag about smoking a new Axys:)

I agree.

Premium Features