• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

AXYS Backcountry Tools

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Nobody has mentioned paracord, I bet once a year the paracord gets brought out for somebody's sled.
The uses for that stuff are limitless. Cut a branch and lash that sucker to a broken a arm, tie rod, or shock. I've even rode for multiple days in cooke like that with a bent/cracked alternative impact a arm on my axys. Wrapped a 1-1.5" stick from one end to the other. Broke the stick once on a jump i shouldn't have done, got a new one and kept on going till I got home and got a replacement a arm. It doesn't take up much room in my tunnel bag and I never go anywhere without it.

Hose clamps and a large wrench work even better for that.

The box end of the wrench can even replace a ball joint in an emergency. (Bolt, washer, wrench end, spindle then nut)

XC500mod

Lifetime Membership
Apr 2, 2013
zip ties of all widths and lengths. also a few high tensile zip ties for holding suspension parts together. you can do anything with zip ties and a flask of brandy.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Hose clamps and a large wrench work even better for that.

The box end of the wrench can even replace a ball joint in an emergency. (Bolt, washer, wrench end, spindle then nut)

A page out of my play book :)

picture.php

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Also if you paint all your tools black.... they really stand out if they get dropped in the snow!

bgreen776

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
Kenai, AK
www.backcountryrebles.com
First time Polaris owner... do these sleds not come with a tool kit of their own? I really dig the plug wrench/belt holder and the clutch tool holder, but I figured there would be some other tools besides a shock spanner with the sled. Maybe im missing something?

C
Feb 10, 2019
Saskatchewan
I share the load with my riding buddies- They carry the fuel and I carry the tools... One thing for sure you cannot have to many tools out in the backcountry ..even a ratchet strap has got us home with a broken suspension, and hose clamps for a broken tie rod.
Using your imagination will award with a unique load of tools.

This is why i prefer to ride with all polaris or mostly polaris groups. If all my riding buddies switched to Doo tomorrow, id be tempted as well just for this reason.
Everyone carrys a different spare part and tool, then you’re not a pack mule.
I dont carry a belt...my belt holder is full of tools. There’s always two belts in a crew of 6.

T
Jan 9, 2010
EC ND
Nobody mentioned a tss bypass connector.
Caught a small branch last year a swept the wires of the throttle block. And another guy did it 2 trips later. Haven't needed one in 20 years. Used it twice last year after I bought one.

law.74

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 16, 2017
Old thread revival to ask what the 8mm wrench and socket are used for on the mountain?

Premium Features