• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

AVID Install Question-Apex

B

b_sandgren

Dec 24, 2008
I installed a set of AVIDS on my apex last year and the track is rubbing pretty bad on one side. I need to pull them back out and check some measurements. Does anyone have some measurements from both sides of the driveshaft to the outside of each AVID? These are a pain in the butt to do and was hoping I could get it right this next time. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
i had this problem also. you need to play with ur tensioners then drive the sled a bit then adjust again with the tensioners. it took me a fair bit of playing cause the track was new and still stretching out.

L
Jan 2, 2008
Cranbrook BC
I pissed around with mine all season when i put the camo extreme on. always would rub when i powered up for a climb. i just said screw it and reached a block of wood against the drivers and hit the wood with a hammer, this is with everything in places under the sled. pushed the drivers to the outer edges of the windows in the track, now the track cant move much at all. works great now.

S
Dec 30, 2008
I pissed around with mine all season when i put the camo extreme on. always would rub when i powered up for a climb. i just said screw it and reached a block of wood against the drivers and hit the wood with a hammer, this is with everything in places under the sled. pushed the drivers to the outer edges of the windows in the track, now the track cant move much at all. works great now.

Sounds pretty technical.

How big was the hammer?:face-icon-small-con

Premium Features