• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Aux Injector Help

J
Dec 15, 2021
Victor
Sled: 2022 Boost - 1,600 miles
Symptoms: Under high load and higher temps, I'm having detonation problems. This problem only appears in this exact situation, which is (unfortunately) when I most need the sled to be there for me. I don't get det in an open field going WFO or similar. Outside temps - 35 degrees and sunny. Sled temps 125.
Catalysts to the problem: The sled did take an impact (nothing structural broke or similar) before this started to happen.
Code: P1391, also saw the mag side spark plug rattle loose from det (so it appears on both sides).

My guess is the wiring harness to the aux injectors got damaged somehow when the sled took its little jar (I put it on its side on a log).

Question - easiest thing to do would be to throw a new harness at it. However, I was wondering if anyone has successfully fixed a harness? If so, what did you do?

I'll pull it apart today.

1madbird

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
West Bountiful, Utah
Had the exact same issue couple of weeks ago. Under warranty so took to them and they found damaged wiring harness on the Aux injectors.
I would think the harness could be repaired if you could find the connector pins and possible new connectors. I don’t think I would try and splice into the existing wiring since they are know to have issues. Need to start over with high quality wiring.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Hope you track down the prob. Stumbling exactly when you need it is psychologically damaging. It’s like the sled is a hot wife but she’s a biitch

Premium Features