• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Attitude Industries/Derek Fischer WTF

chumbilly1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
It has been 10 months since I paid $200 for my upgrade to my Dragon fuel controller. This was needed since the fuel mapping was changed by Polaris umpteen times, and my 08 box would not be calibrated properly. Derek insisted that I needed this new accelerator pump feature and the new mapping really rocked! I ate it up and gave up my 200 clams. Since then I have got nuthin but a 30 pack of BS about how he is going to refund my $ and it is doebeck's fault.

I told Dereck I was going to do this and he stalled me for a while but this is to much. I saw a show on discovery I think where this guy comes in and salvages businesses. Chops heads and demotes and all that fun sh#@. I think he needs to step in here. It is scary how many top of the line turbo kits are depending on this Flakes programming. It seems that niche industries (like snowmobiling) are full of distastful people that want to take your hard earned $$ for nothing and then just not respond to e-mails, voicemails, pm's, etc. Pretty much sucks!

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
yeah, its sad to see so manny kits running attitude boxes. its nice to get to deal with dobeck directly, but there very local to me.

derek is a shiesty fella who will spend more time telling you how he's going to mail things or refund you instead of just doing it... remapping dobeck boxes is like a 1hr project if your totally redoing it to a custom map. if its a standard tune he already has saved. put it on the dock and reflash. POW! done. its not hard, seen it done a LOT of times.

lorne1176

Lifetime Membership
Apr 24, 2010
Red Deer, AB
I had similar issues with Derek when I had requested a refund that never came after several months phone calls and emails with little or no response. Ended up dispuitting (sp):face-icon-small-dis the charge with my credit card company to get my money back after 6 months. Best bet to get your money back thats what I'd do, I feel for ya puttin up with Dereks BS

Last edited:
T

TheBreeze

Jul 23, 2008
Sussex, Wisconsin
The product is good, but getting it from him sure is a pain in the azz. Endless lies, and every time you call it seems like he has no idea who you are even if you talked to him the day before. He always answered his phone when I called, but would have endless excuses. Finally after telling me for the 5th or 6th time the box shipped, I guess it finally shipped. If I ever buy another attitude box, it will be through a dealer like Cutler.

T

tne4

Banned
Jan 16, 2008
Dereck has had my buddies ski doo 800 crank for over 2 years.

beamslayer

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Does anyone know where he lives. We sent him a box off a 1000 kitty cat and tolds us he would update to the new version now he acts like he does not know us. So we are out off the box and the cash it has been almost a yr.
Where is cousin Vinny when you need him ahh forget about it.

W

wildchild

Jul 4, 2001
lumby
Good luck getting that box back that guy is just a liar.

I had been waiting for a box shipped on may 27 th, he said he had them, It never showed. Called him end of july he said no tracking number I'll ship you a new one . That one never showed called him today he said first one never shipped he never had boxes, I really doubt he had shipped the second one.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Good luck getting that box back that guy is just a liar.

I had been waiting for a box shipped on may 27 th, he said he had them, It never showed. Called him end of july he said no tracking number I'll ship you a new one . That one never showed called him today he said first one never shipped he never had boxes, I really doubt he had shipped the second one.

Caught in his own lies.

J

JROD

Nov 6, 2004
Bozeman, MT
It's amazing anyone can get their sled to run with his boxes. His fuel mapping is crap.

chumbilly1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
Wow Derek is a popular fellow! So when I started this thread I just wanted to give Attitude a bit of a black eye on here and maybe help keep others from getting ripped off as well. I never expected this.

A couple of weeks ago I got a pm from a Chris at Doebeck. They had read this thread and stepped up and gave me a replacement box. They never did business with me before and did this on complete good faith. I was very impressed. I now have the new box and it doesn't even say attitude on it. SWEET! DOEBECK= Stand up company to deal with in my opinion.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Wow Derek is a popular fellow! So when I started this thread I just wanted to give Attitude a bit of a black eye on here and maybe help keep others from getting ripped off as well. I never expected this.

A couple of weeks ago I got a pm from a Chris at Doebeck. They had read this thread and stepped up and gave me a replacement box. They never did business with me before and did this on complete good faith. I was very impressed. I now have the new box and it doesn't even say attitude on it. SWEET! DOEBECK= Stand up company to deal with in my opinion.
chris is a rockstar. amazing guy to deal with and super helpful all the time. the whole crew at dobeck is a bunch of really good people...

skibumm

Lifetime Membership
Mar 13, 2004
Utah
Derek programmed a box for my m1200T and it ran like a you know what ape! :bolt:Cleaned my bottom end right up from the previous program/box. I have always had really good luck with Derek and he has treated me great. IMO!!:noidea:

D

Dabull

Nov 26, 2007
utah
Derek programmed a box for my m1200T and it ran like a you know what ape! :bolt:Cleaned my bottom end right up from the previous program/box. I have always had really good luck with Derek and he has treated me great. IMO!!:noidea:

x2,derek has always gone out of his way to take care of me,never had a complant on his programing, sleds have always ripped.:face-icon-small-hap

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
X3. I worked with Derek quite a bit last winter and spring on a few turbo projects. Very helpful and went out of his way to get us what we needed.

Premium Features