• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Attaching Super Clamp deck hooks

White Rad

Premium Member
Nov 16, 2009
WA to B.C.
Working on welding up a new aluminum sled deck for this season with telescoping sides and diamond plate top sheets. Thinking about getting the front and rear super clamps.

Anyone with super clamps on an aluminum deck have pics of how the tie down/deck hook attaches to the framing? Just want to make sure I have one of the frame tubes located at the correct distance from the front to attache the tie down hooks to. Also curious if the tie down hooks are commonly bolted through the frame tubes, with backing plates to not crush the aluminum or?

And for the rear super clamps with the 12in long supertrac's I'm thinking about welding an additional cross member in that runs front to back to bolt them too....realizing that I don't want any bolts going through the frame rails here or the telescoping tubes will hit them when sliding the sides in (or they would need to be cut shorter than I would like).

Also,any opinions on the Caliber Ski guides vs the super glides? Other than the traction bumps on the super glides the functionality seems to be the same and the caliber's are much cheaper and have a kit for extended length ramps...

Last edited:

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I'll get you some measurements off my Marathon classic deck tonight. My rear ones are just through the decking material.

I gave the super glides on my deck and enclosed trailer. They didn't seem much more money than the caliber stuff. No disappointments with them after a few years of use!

Premium Features