• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Are Mountain Riders of No interest to the Manufacturers

S

Sledsniper

Nov 26, 2007
Eastern Montana
Im just at a loss as to why POLARIS,ARTIC CAT,SKIDOO,and YAMAHA.
Dont do something about our riding areas getting closed.
Maybe they are and I'm not aware of it.
I personaly would make sure to buy only from the O.E.M that takes on such a fight.
I dont know that I will need to buy A new sled ever again if they just sit back and watch it happen.
If im not going to have any place to use my moterized toys why own them?
What about future Generations? I guess they can watch old videos of how much fun it "WAS"
COME ON YAMAHA,SKIDOO,POLARIS,ARTIC CAT,
I DONT THINK THE GOV. IS GOING TO BALE YOU OUT.
TIME TO STEP UP TO THE PLATE AND SAVE YOURSELF:noidea:

Last edited:
S
Jun 11, 2006
Graham, Wa
they're slowly closing our riding areas to heard us to the cities when the new world order kicks in. I don't know if snotel is still down but when I heard it was it said reason being were national security reasons? Wtf? just my thought on it....

I guess I'm the type that hopes for either the absolute best, or the absolute worst. if the world ends it better be the most chaotic situation ever imaginable.

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
I think a better questions is why should they help when we won't even help ourselves?

S

Sledsniper

Nov 26, 2007
Eastern Montana
So I should sell my sled all snowmobile related stuff and use the money i get, plus money I save not buying motorsport related gas and such to hire a lawyer to fight land closure.
Ok Im sure my money will have a houge impact.

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
Still awaiting instruction on how to stop land closures.
Should I buy the National Forest ?

You a member of Blue Ribbon Coalition?
You a member of SAWS?
You go to your local snowmobile club meetings?
You send letters to the FS about their proposals?

I would start there...

S

Sledsniper

Nov 26, 2007
Eastern Montana
You a member of Blue Ribbon Coalition?
You a member of SAWS?
You go to your local snowmobile club meetings?
You send letters to the FS about their proposals?

I would start there...

Been there done that along with many
others.It still gets closed.

The Question... is, Why Dont The manufacturers of the sleds we Ride Help us out, with there deep pockets, and corporate lawyers,file an appeal to these land closures tie it up in court same crap the grenees do.

Last edited:
T
Nov 26, 2007
coeur dalene, idaho
I dont think the manufacturers will get involved any time soon. The backcountry rider is such a small segment of the typical mountain rider. What i am trying to say is that groomed trails are not being shut down.
When a large amount of groomed trails, start getting shut down, than the manufacturers will start getting involved. the overwhelming areas that we are losing are the off trail backcountry. Which that rider makes up a very small percentage of the over all snowmobile community. imho

S

sortastock

May 26, 2003
De Pere, WI
Answer is simple. Fighting land closures doesn't help their bottom line next quarter.

Instead, if every mountain rider were to support mountain riders (by supporting SAWS and BRC), I bet it would make a bigger difference than 4 companies blindly throwing some cash at a problem...

S

Sledsniper

Nov 26, 2007
Eastern Montana
So more and more land gets closed less and less orv vehicles get sold.
"Big Picture" pretty soon there is no next quarter.
Blindly throwing money isnt smart for anyone.
Hire lawyers to fight land closures?
Maybe Skidoo could use the same Lawyers there useing to sue Artic Cat?

"CASH" is The GRENEES #1 Tool

stum1967

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Central North Dakota
The manufacturers had better start paying attention. These moves towards more wilderness areas affect dirt bikes and atvs as well as snowmobiles. I don't think most people who purchase off-road vehicles own enough private land of their own to enjoy them on.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
I know BRP does a lot of work with BRC.... I would think all the mfrs do.
What makes you think they dont? They donate vehicles, money, help organiz fundraiser etc....

S

Sledsniper

Nov 26, 2007
Eastern Montana
?

I know BRP does a lot of work with BRC.... I would think all the mfrs do.
What makes you think they dont? They donate vehicles, money, help organiz fundraiser etc....

I was hoping someone like yourself would tell me they do.
I just never hear about it.
So thanks.
Its good to hear they help out.

C
Nov 26, 2007
kalispell, MT
I agree about this issue- they ARE in the fight whether they like it or not, because we ARE their bottom line! The sooner they realize they will NEVER make these pukes that close land down FOR A LIVING happy, the better. Take Wyellystone; HUGE chunk of change flushed on them AFTER they complied with clean machines, and we are still hamstrung down there. If we want to win this thing, we need to identify who is in the fight, and who isn't. They won't quit sniveling until they have it all shut down.

Premium Features