• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone else no longer riding just stop in to check things out?

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
This is my second season of not riding. Really loved the sport, more than loved I lived it, but where I live there are few hardcore riders and snow years can be pretty bad. Just got tired of waiting for decent days to ride and then having to beg people to go. So I bought a couple of SxS's and have made them my winter toys.

Anyone else come on here just to check things out every once in awhile? Things sure have slowed down, way down.

A
Jan 13, 2012
Central Washington
Hey Sandman, I lived in your neck of the woods in the late 1990s and early 2000s. We snowmobiled in the Diamond lake area a few times. My wife was the Lookout on Cinnamon Butte for a few years. We moved to Central Washington in 2004. I grew up in Yakima and started snowmobiling in 1970. It was a shock to see how crowded the snow parks are here now. If you don't get there early there is no place to park.

We sold our snowmobiles a few years ago. Now I snowshoe in the winter and hike in the summer. I still read the snowmobile forum and enjoy seeing the photos people post.

M
Oct 12, 2010
Small world. I actually rode my quad up to the Cinnamon Butte lookout one summer and then rode up to the end of the world as Robert Cunningham used to call it. Up at Diamond Lake it is a ghost town compared to how it used to be. I remember in the early 2000's if you didn't get there early on the weekend every place was taken. Now you can go anytime and there are plenty of spots.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
This is my second season of not riding. Really loved the sport, more than loved I lived it, but where I live there are few hardcore riders and snow years can be pretty bad. Just got tired of waiting for decent days to ride and then having to beg people to go. So I bought a couple of SxS's and have made them my winter toys.

Anyone else come on here just to check things out every once in awhile? Things sure have slowed down, way down.
Man
That just breaks my heart to hear you say that.
This is such a GREAT sport, hate to see people leave because of lack of Snow.

Every consider MOVING??

Racer220

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
43.463558, -110.762496
I was in the same boat, although I'm back now. Deevorce, new jobs, kids, etc... had me reprioritize for a couple years, but I tried to stay in the loop on here. It sure is a much different atmosphere than 5-10 years ago, but I still think it's the best place on the web for western riding info and topics.

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
I have a job where I can cruise snowest more often again. Tapatalk is terrible and FB groups has wrecked most forums. But this is a 20+ year stop for me while web browsing so it's always a go to when I actually get onto a desktop.

Premium Features