• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone build a CFI 800 with the new IQR crank?

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
So who's gonna be the first to do this since PI didn't give it to us this year?

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
So going back to the threads meaning, how do you put a 600 crank in an 800 with a different stroke?

The IQR 600 since ('08) is a long stroke (70mm) crank. It Uses the same crank as the 800 CFI. Starting this year ('14) they lightened the race crank by 2.5#'s by switching to pork chop wheels as opposed to the traditional round wheels.

cactusgrass

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2009
600 race crank in an 800

I built this engine with lightweight crank at the end of last season (end of March 2014). My platform was a 2013 Pro RMK 155" with a 3" track. was running stock clutching the whole season till the build. I used a 13 case, lightweight crank, brand new 13 cylinder with a 'fixit' kit with new pistons. I did the break in rides and moved to a blue/pink and 66 gram weights because I was over reving. Still on the flats I have been consistently hitting 8550rpm rev limiter and climbing hitting 8200 consistently. I do have the 7 tooth avid drivers with the stock belt drive gearing, not sure how much that is affecting things. I have over 400 miles on it this year, for a total of about 550 miles on it and have had zero issues with the engine. I ride full throttle most of the time and put her away wet.

S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
I built this engine with lightweight crank at the end of last season (end of March 2014). My platform was a 2013 Pro RMK 155" with a 3" track. was running stock clutching the whole season till the build. I used a 13 case, lightweight crank, brand new 13 cylinder with a 'fixit' kit with new pistons. I did the break in rides and moved to a blue/pink and 66 gram weights because I was over reving. Still on the flats I have been consistently hitting 8550rpm rev limiter and climbing hitting 8200 consistently. I do have the 7 tooth avid drivers with the stock belt drive gearing, not sure how much that is affecting things. I have over 400 miles on it this year, for a total of about 550 miles on it and have had zero issues with the engine. I ride full throttle most of the time and put her away wet.

You have to use a fuel controller on this mod? Or you running the stock mapping?

Premium Features