• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anybody fix blown water mains?

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Blew a main yesterday between the meter and the house but still made it to the Supercross. Anybody amongst us or know anybody you can recommend South King County area? This is definately not one of my capabilities.

T
Apr 20, 2009
Washington
snomoherb on here. Butterfield plumbing may be able to help you out.

Just dig a trench and lay a new pipe next to the old one and connect where needed. You have copper, galvanized or plastic main coming into the house?

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Thanks guys. I was able to get it repaired. just spliced in a new section of plastic pipe.

Considering the house was built in '69 and the fact that the pipe was plastic, it must have been replaced before I bought it.

A very thin walled 1" plastic pipe laying on a 6 inch rock rubbed a couple of tiny hole's in the pipe.

KMMAC

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2008
Mount Vernon, WA
mini

Thanks guys. I was able to get it repaired. just spliced in a new section of plastic pipe.

Considering the house was built in '69 and the fact that the pipe was plastic, it must have been replaced before I bought it.

A very thin walled 1" plastic pipe laying on a 6 inch rock rubbed a couple of tiny hole's in the pipe.

Did this fix for a friend of mine,, used a D17 mini John Deere, the only way to go!!!

snowmoherb

Lifetime Membership
Nov 20, 2010
Seattle - ish
www.butterfieldplumbing.com
Glad to hear you got it fixed. If it was plastic pipe from that long ago, I would definately plan on replacing the whole thing, that poly pipe is crap...

Federal Way is a bit out of our normal service area, but if you have any questions or need any advice, just give me a shout!!

Cheers,

Herb

Premium Features