• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Any dealers out there? Questions about service manuals....

rocket

Premium Member
Jul 20, 2001
Wisconsin
I'm trying to find information regarding ignition timing maps for sleds of this approximate vintage. As these sleds have gotten older, Polaris has discontinued CDI modules and repairs can only be accomplished by buying used parts - in some cases from different models than the original sled. Did Polaris publish ignition timing maps in any of their service manuals? I have a few timing maps gleaned from various sources over the years - I assume these originated from service manuals? Does anyone out there have access to manuals that have this information? If so, I'd love to hear from you. As years pass, I've been receiving more frequent requests to assist in repairing these older sleds, so trying to collect as much information as I can in order to assist. Thanks!

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
I've got the 2002 deep snow service manual, and it doesn't have any ignition maps in it, just a few basic timing settings. I've seen references to what you're looking for, but not sure where it came from. So unfortunately, I can't tell you where it's found, but I wouldn't count on the service manual.

whoisthatguy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2007
CDI's are available on EBAY. As far a setting the timing with the stator, there is a tick mark on the stator backing that is aligned with a fin that protudes down from the top inside of the stator housing. Align those two and you are good to go. If you are not getting 8200 rpm, then take a close look at your primary drive clutch that has many ways that it cannot perform well, and thus keep the belt from being squeezed, and sucked into the secondary.

Premium Features