• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Any chance to buy 165 9R PRO somewhere?

K
Apr 12, 2018
I know these were snowcheck only, right? So probably slim chance to find one off the floor, but just curious ;-) In my country only 155 Khaos available and I want a 165 PRO.
Going to order Iceage rails and convert to 165 with PRO limiter strap, but before I pull that trigger wanted to give myself a last chance of buying a 9R 165 in the US

reading other threads it seems the 9R were not shipped yet and due to some clutch issues nobody knows when it will ship, keep in mind I need 2 months to bring the sled over here from the US

thoughts?
I have a 165 boost that I'm not going to take.

D
Nov 17, 2008
I did change bulkhead once on my pro rmk in 2015, it was not that hard but took me a lot of time - I do not have time for that, not to mention that I already sold this trashed axys with broken bulkhead, so my only option is to buy a new sled

So we can only buy here a 155 Khaos 9R, and this is what I ordered, and I am going to upgrade the track to 165. But since it will be a lot of effort too, and clearly it is better to just buy the sled that I want, hence I asked here if it would be possible to buy the 9R 165 non khaos sled. This post is a last resort before pulling the trigger on buying the 165 track
I have a 9R pro 165 ordered and just yesterday found that it is not scheduled to ship until the last week of Dec or first week of Jan. My quess is that I can not even count on that !! I decided to go all out this year and ordered also a boost 165 pro and a boost 165 Khaos. These both are scheduled to ship earlier. Khaos is the first to be scheduled to be shipped and I believe it said last week of Nov. They did say to allow up to 3 weeks transit so that puts them all the way out there on receiving them. I was hoping the machines would get here earlier this year and I would have time to check them out and pick the one I wanted and get rid of the other two since they would be in demand. But if they come so late it might not work out as I had hoped. I live in Oregon so if you are a person out there who wants one of these sleds and was unable to get one ordered you might keep me in mind as someone who might have one available. God snowmobiling !!

Mentzel

Lifetime Membership
Oct 10, 2009
Screw changing rails.. Drill new holes in tunnel 1” above old holes for front torque arm mounting. Move front torque to upper position. I’ve done this without even removing skid in the past on older machines. The tunnel mounts used to be templated for multiple positions so it made it easy.

C
Dec 14, 2020
Screw changing rails.. Drill new holes in tunnel 1” above old holes for front torque arm mounting. Move front torque to upper position. I’ve done this without even removing skid in the past on older machines. The tunnel mounts used to be templated for multiple positions so it made it easy.

Well, he wants to make a 155 a 165, so new rails seems necessary.

440revNL

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 7, 2022
Canada
Order one for next year. By the time you get one tracked down and imported you're likely out of snow season
I hope Polaris will actually allocate some 9R Khaos' to eastern Canada. I ended up order a boost but will try for a 9R next season and sell my Khaos 850NA.

glowa

Lifetime Membership
Oct 11, 2014
Europe
Wow I cannot believe that I am writing in this thread again. I purchased 165 track, iceage rails and a bunch of other goodies to upgrade my upcoming 155 9R only to learn today that my sled is coming in march!!!! Keep in mind I am in europe and in march most of the winter will be gone here already, so I am actually quite pissed - the delay has to do with recalls obviously.

Now I am in a really bad spot, not only I spent money on the items I may no longer need but seems I will be forced to buy a used 850 locally. If I purchase a 9R 165 PRO in the US, it will take about 2 months to arrive here, which is a little late for my liking

C
Dec 14, 2020
Wow I cannot believe that I am writing in this thread again. I purchased 165 track, iceage rails and a bunch of other goodies to upgrade my upcoming 155 9R only to learn today that my sled is coming in march!!!! Keep in mind I am in europe and in march most of the winter will be gone here already, so I am actually quite pissed - the delay has to do with recalls obviously.

Now I am in a really bad spot, not only I spent money on the items I may no longer need but seems I will be forced to buy a used 850 locally. If I purchase a 9R 165 PRO in the US, it will take about 2 months to arrive here, which is a little late for my liking

Buy a used one, resell it when your order shows up, or get a used 800 and keep it as a backup.

I can honestly say we've never made a trip with 4 of us without using at least 1 of the backup sleds. Having a backup is the only way to guarantee you'll be riding every day of the trip.

We have "old" pro chassis 800s as backups. They're cheap enough but can still readily find parts to keep them going.

glowa

Lifetime Membership
Oct 11, 2014
Europe
How do you know it is coming in March? My Polaris orders page still says TBD - 9r w/7s
My dealer told me that, I am in europe, I don't think the dealer is using any "order page" status like normal people, I think he gets update from European importer or directly from factory

glowa

Lifetime Membership
Oct 11, 2014
Europe
Buy a used one, resell it when your order shows up, or get a used 800 and keep it as a backup.

I can honestly say we've never made a trip with 4 of us without using at least 1 of the backup sleds. Having a backup is the only way to guarantee you'll be riding every day of the trip.

We have "old" pro chassis 800s as backups. They're cheap enough but can still readily find parts to keep them going.
I guess this is what I am going to do, the other issue though is there is not many used sleds for sale!!

Premium Features