• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Another 900 Build...SURE WHY NOT!!

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
That looks really good!!
are you going to drop and roll the chain case while you are at it ??
Once you go boost you will never,ever want to back! LOL!!!

thanks dan...

i am not going to D&R, would be nice, but dont have the money to get it done....maybe later on...its getting boost...oh yeh baby ;)

Well here is my progress so far...got a chassis hoop from a Dragon, been debating on modding it on to give it a RAW look...and in turn use the Dragon Center Console and the FNI HiFlo Stirrup Vents in the pics above...

i am using part of the stock 900 fottwell for more bracing and for a footwell, so my feet dont go farther in then i want, and get too hot from the can or my toes blown off from a busted belt, lol....but after the vents are powder coated and braced in the middle...you wont see them much if all through the FNI vent mesh ;)

this is where i am at right now..just a mock up of the hoop, need to modify a few things to get it right so it will look "somwhat factory"
--brackets for side fenders need pulled back
--steering column upper bracket needs turned
--gas tank supports need moved
--oil tank bracket needs made
--modify the footwell brackets
--mount the coils somewhere

im sure im missing some things, but its not a major undertaking but its not a direct fit like i was looking for, lol...but its do-able im sure ;)

after i get it pretty much ready to bolt on, i will order a dragon center console and FNI vents to finish the look....but still need to get a few things powder coated before i can get much more done :face-icon-small-dis

2010-06-21170406.jpg

2010-06-21170551.jpg

2010-06-21170448.jpg

2010-06-21170439.jpg

2010-06-21170427.jpg

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
LOOKING GOOD BUDDY!
Cant wait to see her run, sure was a pile of demolished junk when it showed up! Let me know what you need!

for sure bro, thanks..

let me help install that turbo on your sled if you get it...i need practice ;)

and yes...she was a BEAST when i brought it over...lol..

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Very interested to see how the later dragon hoop works out. A few 06's in my crew have broken panel plastic...from all those trail rides. Does it seem to bolt down on the 06 just like it does on the RAW?

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Very interested to see how the later dragon hoop works out. A few 06's in my crew have broken panel plastic...from all those trail rides. Does it seem to bolt down on the 06 just like it does on the RAW?

yeh dave, im excited to get it finished up and see how it looks...FNI has all their vents on sale now..so the HiFlo vents are only $80/shipped..what a steal..

it does slide on perfect..as far as the holes lining up, not really..but not a big issue...main thing is re-aligning the brackets for everything...ill keep you posted when i get a chance to mess with it more.

Anyone notice how the CAUTION YELLOW color just seems to fit with Guidoxpress. :pound::laugh::pound:

no the bright colors are so you newbies can see me fly past you, lol...yeh right, lol...

Looking good man... definitely gonna be a sweet ride when your done!:face-icon-small-hap

word up ;)

J
Dec 2, 2002
Monticello, MN
then i need to the following after the powder coating is done.
--need to send in primary to get balanced. then powder coat the front cover

Looks like a real nice build but I'm questioning the order of this (above). Would it be more logical to powder the primary cover first and then get it balanced? You are assuming that the powder coating will be an exact coverage. Perhaps it won't effect anything but if you are going through the trouble of getting it balanced, you should have it modified beforehand. You may want the shop to know your plans before you send off the primary for balancing. Perhaps they can take material off the back side of the cover instead of the front???

Just a thought...

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Looks like a real nice build but I'm questioning the order of this (above). Would it be more logical to powder the primary cover first and then get it balanced? You are assuming that the powder coating will be an exact coverage. Perhaps it won't effect anything but if you are going through the trouble of getting it balanced, you should have it modified beforehand. You may want the shop to know your plans before you send off the primary for balancing. Perhaps they can take material off the back side of the cover instead of the front???

Just a thought...

i understand your point...it makes sense...and i may very well do that..

i will ask the guy who balances it first just to get clarification..

thanks for the inputs

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
got a little progress today.

cut/welded the fuel tank brackets from the RAW hoop to fit the 06 fuel tank, cut/welded the steering column to work on the 06 column (angle is different then RAW) and i realized how CHITTY my welding skillls are, lol...tried to hide it with a grinder and some paint, lol..

cut and bent the side shield so i have a foot well , need to get the FNI vents before i can finish the footwell area so i know where they need to be mounted at...

did some powder coating on some parts, cut a little oil tank bracket and walla...lol..

slowly getting somewhere....

2010-06-25201200.jpg

2010-06-25201458.jpg

2010-06-25201435.jpg

2010-06-25201102.jpg

2010-06-25215017.jpg

2010-06-25201347.jpg

G

ghostwhite

Feb 12, 2009
Baghdad, Iraq
2010-06-21170406.jpg

First thing I thought when I saw this pic was "CRAP even in this stage that sled could be a danger to that poor chevy!"

Been away for awhile, didn't wanna pay but now I'm desperate....
Seems like a lot of stuff has been going on Sean, build looks great and I'll be hanging around again.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
First thing I thought when I saw this pic was "CRAP even in this stage that sled could be a danger to that poor chevy!"

Been away for awhile, didn't wanna pay but now I'm desperate....
Seems like a lot of stuff has been going on Sean, build looks great and I'll be hanging around again.

LMFAO..

good to see you back man..glad to see the desert hasnt robbed your humor..lol..

about time you pay for the forum..with all that nice tax free money your getting...you'll have PLENTY to dump a turbo and sick mods on your 9 when you get back..;)

hope all is well, do you need a care package sent your way??? anything you want, PM me and i will see what i can get....too bad for G.O #1 huh ;)

G

ghostwhite

Feb 12, 2009
Baghdad, Iraq
I've been doing ok, was scheduled to come home in late july, but found out yesterday I gotta stay longer, its a messed up situation. I was called back because the Lousiana NG needed people, now they have to send people home as part of the draw-down and who do they send back? Of course not the people who shouldn't be here in the first place like me, but their own useless people. I'm not gonna turn this mini-rant into what it could be when it comes to professionalism from the NG.

Sled will get some attention but living in ND, I don't want too much more out of control modding going on. I got a sweet plan for my 62 chevy pickup, layed out on air first.

But then the sled bug will prolly bite when I'm actually home to see the snow fly, we all know how that goes!

I will definately be on here hours daily trying to be helpful and catching up on the new news. Thanks for the support and if I do need anything I will let you know!

and now back to the meat of this thread! Your project!

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Well,

just ordered the FNI HiFlo Stirrup vents as pictured above for this RAW chassis hoop conversion..should be here within a week. But i still need to get a Dragon Center Console before i can finsih the "mock up" and mount that baby for good.

also, FNI website is down until Sept. so if you need something from him. email Paul Hurley (info@firenice.us)

FNI has some SICK summer prices on their vents...I will be getting some HiFlo Shock Tower Vents as well...for $55/set...!!!

he can also powder coat the frames for you any color for $20...

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
got the FNI stirrup vents mocked up, and eveything trimmed on the chassis hoop....going to powder coat the frames of the vents orange and then i will mount them and post some pics...got too dark to mess with it and the bugs were BAD...

still need to get a dragon center console before i can "finish" the chassis hoop install...but dont have one yet... hint hint..

will try and get the coated and mounted with pics thurs...going camping this weekend.... :)

i will also be running the SKINZ MESH HOOD on this sled, with the Trail Tech lights.....hood will be in my hands in just over 3 weeks...

Last edited:

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
looking good man keep up the good work.:rockon:

Thanks Bruce...she be a sexy trailer queen for sure...If i only rode better..lol

Nice dude ! I will get my chit together soon so I can get you some billet to go with that !
What makes u think i like billet?? Is it because its sick and beautiful...cause it is...

If u made a billet chitter I would buy it lol ;)

Premium Features