• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Amber Holt's Level 1-3 clinic series @ Bear Creek Lodge, McCall

BackCountryBasics

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho
www.backcountrybasics.com
Do to the popularity of these clinics Bear Creek Lodge is having 1/2 price rooms promotional special during the month of March along with Mini’s Back Country Basic introducing the new level 1-3 clinic series!
http://www.bearcreeklodgemccall.com/
http://www.bearcreeklodgemccall.com/sled.html

I will be instructing a level 1 clinic on March 19th & 20th which focuses on basic pivot point skills, maneuvers, techniques, chassis knowledge and the applying this knowledge base curriculum through several structured exercises of these fundamental skills.
Level 1 is $250 a person.

Then on March 21-22 will be a level 2 clinic which focuses on more advanced side hilling techniques, such as downhill turns, controlled downhill accents, u-turns and some intro advanced tree riding techniques as well.
Level 2 is $250 a person.

A level 3 clinic on March 23-24 which addresses technical tree riding skills on steep slopes with advanced side hilling, intro to chute style climbing/narrow terrain accents and situational awareness in technically challenging terrain.
Level three is $250.

Take any two clinic segments for $400 or all three levels for $600.

I will be holding another series of clinics March 26-31.
Level 1 March 26-27
Level 2 March 28-29
Level 3 March 30-31

Feel free to contact Amber Holt or Bear Creek Lodge with questions!

http://www.amberholt.com
http://sleddingthewest.com/

BackCountryBasics

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho
do you ever get guys that are better than you

Thank you for your question.

Everything we do in life SHOULD be about "Our Individual Best" or "Our Individual Better", NOT "The Best Over Another Individual" or "The Better over Another Individual".

As an instructor I am given the opportunities to help those riders who take my clinics ACHIEVE THEIR INDIVIDUAL BEST. Yes, there are those riders that do participate in my clinics periodically with more advanced rider capabilities in specific areas than me. However, every person who has taken one of my clinics feels as though they have gained invaluable knowledge and improved individual skills at the completion of a course. I learn from all my students even the ones who it is their very first time on a sled.

To be the teacher one must instruct from a students mindset!

Last edited:
D
Sep 19, 2005
Thank you for your question.

Everything we do in life SHOULD be about "Our Individual Best" or "Our Individual Better", NOT "The Best Over Another Individual" or "The Better over Another Individual".

As an instructor I am given the opportunities to help those riders who take my clinics ACHIEVE THEIR INDIVIDUAL BEST. Yes, there are those riders that do participate in my clinics periodically with more advanced rider capabilities in specific areas than me. However, every person who has taken one of my clinics feels as though they have gained invaluable knowledge and improved individual skills at the completion of a course. I learn from all my students even the ones who it is their very first time on a sled.

To be the teacher one must instruct from a students mindset!

True Mini....True....
Hey...we miss your woohoo's up here.

B

Bkinz

May 14, 2009
Lewiston,ID
I hope to get another ride in with you before the end of the year. Your fun to be around, Im pretty sure of the two days we rode together each time we stopped I laughed, and hard. :bounce:
Brad

BackCountryBasics

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho
Thank you guys. I had a great time as well Brad!

I just returned from BIS in Canada & did not have my laptop, so I appologize for a couple last min changes to this weekends upcoming clinic.

Do to the demand for the level 2 portion of this series, we will hold level 2 clinics on Friday the 19th thru Sunday the 21st (Friday & Sundays curriculum being the same & Sat meshing the two as to accomidate those coming & going for this segment), so if there is anyone who would like to join last min, I spoke with the lodge & there is a couple rooms still available for this segment of the clinic. Also, these clinics are open to those not staying at the lodge.

Thursday the 18th will be a level one instruction for $125 a person for this segment, as it is one day only now.

The following weekend of 26th -31st remains the same right now. I am able to provide private instruction in the McCall area between the upcoming series clinics or right after a day or two upon request.

Thank you!
Amber Holt

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
I got to know Amber (Mini) a bit over the past 6 months.

What impressed me the most is her dedication to getting people comfortable on their sled, riding in the mountains where you might not have been at all comfortable. She is a great teacher and a lighthearted fun person to learn and improve with in a safe way.

Anyone who wants to step up and put a better skill-set in their back pocket should consider her Clinics IMO. Having an instructor and coach in any sport is an asset...Amber excels at this.

BackCountryBasics

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho
Snow conditions are still favorable to intruct at Bear Creek Lodge! I am going to continue to provide level 1-3 series clinics through April 12th (unless they have more snow, then we extend into later April). Please contact Bear Creek Lodge for details and great spring discounted room rates.

A min of 4 people is required per clinic segment to honor the $250 discounted rate per person which includes two full days of instruction (Or 2 clinic segments of 4 days of instruction for $400 a person/4 people). These current clinics are a spring discount special I have arranged with the lodge and next seasons prices and min attendence will be at peak season rates again.

It is a great way for groups of couples to get away, relax, enjoy spring conditions, & Bear Creeks amazing accomidations, one last time. Its a great way for an individual to accomplish personal seasonal goals that they might not otherwise been able to this season! Which brings me to the one request I get often is; two days with the more novice riders in a party learning level 1 skills, & then the next two days with the more advanced and working on more advanced technical riding skills!!

Added end of season repeat client bonus! Those that take a clinic with in the remainder of this season & rebook/deposit for next season will also have a discount voucher for next season to come back & build on their skills! Everyone so far that has taken a clinic is planning on returning next season for aditional instruction!!

Bear Creek Lodge is also premoting a 2010-2011 premotional clinic package for next season. Those that are intrested will recieve a discount if they book w/ deposit for a room/clinic package by the end of June 2010. Jan is already looking booked up & Feb is on its way!!

I have to say I am really excited about how this season has turned out & the amazing people I have had the honored to be part of their snowmobiling learning experience! I wish snow didn't melt...I would teach all year long! Thank you everyone! I look forward to these next few weeks as well!

Last edited:

BackCountryBasics

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho
Also,

I frequently am able to provide demo Arctic Cat sleds compliments of Edge Performance in Hayden, Idaho. I believe I will have access to demo models of other brands as well in the near future & next season. Individuals taking the clinics just need to let me know prior to their arrival if intrested to make arrangements.

Bear Creek Lodge also works with Cheep Thrills Rentals and can also provided sleds upon request.

http://www.bearcreeklodgemccall.com/sled.html

This added service accomidates those that have inquired about flying into Boise & renting a car to come to the lodge without thier own equipment.

BackCountryBasics

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho
What is currently still available next weekend & they have great snow yet!
(Please feel free to contact me with questions as well.)

Wend April 7th Level 1-openings

Thursday April 8th Level 1-openings
-Level 1 clinic focuses on basic pivot point skills, maneuvers, techniques, chassis knowledge and the applying this knowledge base curriculum through several structured exercises of these fundamental skills.

Friday April 9th split clinic day wil have some level 1 & 2-openings

Sat April 10 level 2-openings
-Level 2 clinic which focuses on more advanced side hilling techniques, such as downhill turns, controlled downhill accents, u-turns and some intro advanced tree riding techniques as well.

Sunday April 11-currently reserved clinic/lodge has available openings
Monday April 12-currently reserved clinic/lodge has available openings

Premium Features