• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Aluminum rice rocket exhaust can on a sled?

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Has anyone tried this?
Will it work?
I'm looking to modify one to put on my 13' Turbo Polaris Pro.
I'm presently running a straight pipe after the turbo and I'd like to eliminate wearing earplugs.
Will the aluminum melt?

F
Aug 5, 2001
Utah
Its hard to make a reliable connection between steel and aluminum in an exhaust scenario. The steel will break the aluminum. But other than durability there is no reason why you couldnt do it. I have aluminum stingers once and they were a nightmare to keep together. maybe others have had better luck.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Thanks freak! I'll keep that in mind when tracking something down!

B

BikerPepe`

Nov 2, 2011
N.E. Washington
when I bought my '04 1M/KC the previous owner had mounted an FMF Titanium bike can on it. he had to weld a top ring to seat the pipe but it was pretty simple, worked well and sounded pretty bad ***.
I did eventually replace it with aSpeedWerx can, to match the pipe. Would have probably been fine... but I didn't want to split it and replace the fiberglass pack ever yr. That was about the most I could find for using that can on a sled that size.

Last edited:

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
For simplicity sake most guys just get a steel bodied glasspack style muffler to match the application. Plenty of different offerings available in the hotrod world and it helps knock down the nasty high frequency bark straight piped 2 stroke turbos have.

Premium Features