• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Aircraft Pyrometer?

S
Oct 20, 2022
Alberta
Hey guys, I have a 1997 Yamaha MM700.

I bought the sled from a guy who had an egt system set up but he did not sell me the gauge. But he did leave the probes, which I believe are Type K. As I am sure most of you triple guys know, 3 window egt gauges are hard to come by, especially at a reasonable cost.

I found this company that makes aviation EGT gauges called WESTACH.

Has anyone used/experimented with aviation EGT gauges for sledding? I would think they would work the same but my concern is temperature and/or durability.

Here is the link to the site if you want to check it out.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Yes I have used them. Can’t remember the name. Nice and big display.

J

jarred kale

Jul 21, 2022
USA
Hey guys, I have a 1997 Yamaha MM700.

I bought the sled from a guy who had an egt system set up but he did not sell me the gauge. But he did leave the probes, which I believe are Type K. As I am sure most of you triple guys know, 3 window egt gauges are hard to come by, especially at a reasonable cost.

I found this company that makes aviation EGT gauges called WESTACH.

Has anyone used/experimented with aviation EGT gauges for sledding? I would think they would work the same but my concern is temperature and/or durability.

Here is the link to the site if you want to check it out.

Thanks for sharing

PSI 800

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 1, 2015
north west british columbia
I as well used the Westach, it was the R3T2, it worked well. I also have used a Race Pak 4 window. I went to the racpack 4 window as it was smaller than having a tach and the pyro gage on the handle bars as i remove the hood from my old mod hill climber in the spring time and wanted to keep an eye on things

Premium Features