• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

AIARE Avy 1 course

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Took the AIARE AVY 1 course-- sponsored by the CA OHV fund USFS and Sierra Avalanche Center

Took the 3 day course with Travis Feist in SLT this last weekend.

With all the rain and road closures, it took us three hours to get from Truckee to SLT. Luckily, we left early and Travis waited for us.

Rode Blue Lakes all three days.

First day the snow was wet and HEAVY-- full on stuckfest. Luckily, it got cold, sucked out excess moisture, and Saturday and Sunday were deep and super fun.

Val broke an upper A-arm on Sunday, we rigged it up with a couple of hose clamps and I limped that the sled the rest of the day-- It was awesome.

Met some great people (one even hooked us up with a killer hotel deal after we learned none of the roads were opening anytime soon.)

Can't say enough how much Val and I enjoyed taking the course. Learned a LOT. The on snow exercises and instruction were invaluable. Highly recommend the course.

I

inspector01

Mar 21, 2013
MN
Glad you had a good time, I'm looking dorward to doing mine in SLT in a couple weeks.

Premium Features