• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2015 HD Truck Shootout 1 ton DRW

Sled208

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2010
I'm impatiently waiting for the All Terrain package to be available. Then I've got one of the nicest lightly used Black 09 Duramax ccsb SLT GMC's with 74K miles out there for a trade in

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
I'm impatiently waiting for the All Terrain package to be available. Then I've got one of the nicest lightly used Black 09 Duramax ccsb SLT GMC's with 74K miles out there for a trade in

Is the "All Terrain" pkg the GMC version of Z71?

Sled208

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2010
Where does that leave the denali?

I think this package is going to be available as an add on to the SLT & Denali.

It includes new available tow mirrors with LED clearance lights, integrated backup LED lights and chrome caps (i want real badly)
New wheels (current gmc 20" wheels need updated IMHO)
Some carbon fiber looking stuff in the cab
Badges, grill and upgraded Z71 suspension components
WiFi (don't care because it's serviced by at&t. So it won't work here)
If you Google "2015 all terrain HD" you'll find pictures on the net. http://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...vehicleID=17048&section=oi_def&page=4&butID=3

Last edited:

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
Is the "All Terrain" pkg the GMC version of Z71?

No.

It includes Z71 but you can get Z71 by itself.

It is a trim package that includes a different wheel, color match bumpers, some badging as well as Z71. The biggest upgrade is the color match bumpers and badging.

milehighassassin

Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
No it's more than that. It's the equivalent of the Chevy high country

No not at all. High Country is closer to the Denali.

All Terrain gets:

Painted grille with less chrome
  • Z71 off-road suspension with monotube Rancho shocks
  • Hill descent control
  • Front recovery hooks
  • Transfer case shield and unique wheels & tires
  • Automatic locking rear differential (reacts in milliseconds in low-traction
    situations)
  • Ebony fiber-look seat accent

To clarify, I think all 4x4 has front recovery hooks, the Locking differential comes with the towing package (or a variety of other packages), Hill descent control is actually part of the Z71 package (you can't get it without getting Z71). The skid plats can be ordered by themselves but they too are part of the Z71 package.

All-Terrain:
2014-gmc-sierra-02.jpg

Regular non All-Terrain or Denali

2014-gmc-sierra-03.jpg

Denali:

2014-gmc-sierra-denali-photo-exterior-stage-980x400-02.jpg

Last edited:

milehighassassin

Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
One thing I am curious about and don't understand why they didn't make it simpler is what do the 1-ton SRW trucks each weigh? The DRW which was tested are towing equal trailers with the SRW "twin" on that trailer. Really they are not towing the exact same amount of weight. In some scenarios there is 1/10th of a second difference, this is easily made up with a change of 200 lbs.

Sled208

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2010
One thing I am curious about and don't understand why they didn't make it simpler is what do the 1-ton SRW trucks each weigh? The DRW which was tested are towing equal trailers with the SRW "twin" on that trailer. Really they are not towing the exact same amount of weight. In some scenarios there is 1/10th of a second difference, this is easily made up with a change of 200 lbs.

I thought they compensated the difference in the water tanks on the trailers

Premium Features