• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Aftermarket exhaust ?’s

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
Looking for a little info. Anyone run HPS, SLP Comp, BMP full velocity and experience performance issues? Spark plug issues? Positives or negatives? I’m Running an HPS on my ‘22 850 na and I’m on the fence with it. It sounds good, and not loud, but I’m suspecting a couple performance quirks. Not really wanting to advertise quite yet since I don’t know for sure. Anyone else?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
I run the diamond S Titanium quiet can, with cooker mount.

Pros - GREAT weight savings, much smaller than stock, super easy to install, good sound (not so tinny), throttle response seemed a bit more "snappy", titanium looks pretty cool.

Cons - Louder than i expected (maybe 30% louder than stock), expensive.

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
I run the diamond S Titanium quiet can, with cooker mount.

Pros - GREAT weight savings, much smaller than stock, super easy to install, good sound (not so tinny), throttle response seemed a bit more "snappy", titanium looks pretty cool.

Cons - Louder than i expected (maybe 30% louder than stock), expensive.

I had a diamond S on my Cat. It was pretty good, but rang my ears. The higher pitch was too much. I switched it out for an HPS and that was way better with the lower tone.
So I went that direction on the Matryx but I think the sled is pissed it’s on there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
I had a diamond S on my Cat. It was pretty good, but rang my ears. The higher pitch was too much. I switched it out for an HPS and that was way better with the lower tone.
So I went that direction on the Matryx but I think the sled is pissed it’s on there.

Not impossible… but I would be very surprised if an HPS can is giving you issues.

K
Jun 30, 2017
Agreed.
Just in the process of eliminating causes of detonation and down on RPMs.

My slp can definitely doesnt like deep snow, i was cruising down and ungroomed road and it got progressively lower on rpm. On the way back on the same road it was totally fine, im going to extend the exhaust deflector and see what it does

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
My slp can definitely doesnt like deep snow, i was cruising down and ungroomed road and it got progressively lower on rpm. On the way back on the same road it was totally fine, im going to extend the exhaust deflector and see what it does

That could be something I’m experiencing.

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
Thought I would bring this back with some findings. I mentioned in the original I wasn’t sure about the exhaust of if I had other things going on.
The HPS is great, no issues at all. My problems were my clutch. 2 things, belt was a little loose but the bigger issue was my weights are too light. I had 10/68 and riding 4000’, or so, it wouldn’t hold. I’d lose rpm’s, 300 in a climb or loaded run. So added weight(10/74) and never had a problem. Would hold 81 or 82 until I let out due to talent. Holding a gear on down hills was way better too.
I’m going to put in 72s next because at little higher elevation (4-6000’) I could feel it not pulling as hard, but it did still hold rpm’s and bounce back if I let out and got back in.

Premium Features