• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Aftermarket Aluminum bushings for the Polaris Gripper Skis?

2Quickrides

Lifetime Membership
Nov 11, 2012
Edmonton
If only there was an awesome company that could make these things out of titanium.........one that starts with A and ends with lternative Impact. Lol

I'd order a ski bolt, bushings, and shaft in titanium the minute they were available.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
FWIW,

The spindle sleeve in different materials;
Note: I figured these mathematically by material volume and material density;

Stock Steel ones should weigh ~72 Grams Each

If made from
6-4 Titanium = ~40 Grams Each
7075-T6 Aluminum = ~26 Grams Each
6061-T6 Aluminum = ~24.5 Grams Each

The TI ones could be lightened further by upsizing the ID in the middle to 12 or 13 MM for the center 2-2 1/2". But that will up the cost of machining due to the tooling requirements and still would not change the volume enough to get close to the Aluminum weights.

P.S. I just ordered enough 6061-T6 tubing to make 16 sleeves for about $50 shipped. (They need to be cut to length, ID drilled to 10mm, deburred, and then sent out for hard Anodizing)

If your heart is set on Titanium there are a couple options, stack three of these (http://www.hrpracing.com/brake-pedal-spud-titanium-0-625-inch-od-x-0-375-id-1-00-long)
across after opening the ID up to 10mm. $60.00 per sled. (**NOTE** the description has it as 1" long but the drawing claims 1 1/4", I sent them an E-mail for the actual length, I'll update when they reply, 1" is what we are after, ~3" total length)

Or use two of Alts ski bushings with one of those between them and shorten the stock spacers the 1/8" for the Ski bushing flanges. (See above **NOTE**)

If one were to look, one could likely find a couple Delrin washers / spacers the correct size to replace the factory Aluminum spacers.

Last edited:
Premium Features