• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

AFR limits

Phat Cat

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2007
Lacombe, Ab
I installed a Koso X-2 gaude on my 12 M1100t and it is great. I can set the AFR limits on the gauge and a warning light will come on if it is past the limit. I am kinda new to the 4 stroke turbo scene and new to the AFR gauge. Running an Evo super chute kit. Always use 100LL avgas and set on the 310 hp setting. anyone know a baseline of rich and lean limits to look for? Thanks.

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
Got your email Scott, just haven't had time to reply, as you can tell by the time lol. You must be on the other side of the world.

It's been a while since I ran an a/f gauge but if I remember correctly it will be 14-14.3 at idle and mid 13's in the midrange. WOT is around 11.4-11.6.

If you have never checked your plugs it's not a bad idea to, br9eb at 20 for that kit.

Phat Cat

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2007
Lacombe, Ab
Thanks Gene! Yup offshore in the Caspian sea as i type. I will set my warning lights for 14.5 lean and 11.0 rich. As i said in the email i had a bit of a problem with my sled up on Catamount glacier last spring at 10000 ft. It was popping and low on power on climbs. I put new cr9eb's in it last year. I have a couple new ones on the shelf so i will gap them to 20 and stick em in. Also i will check all the turbo bolts to make sure they are tight. Do you stock the SC gaskets? I also saw that Evo has a kit to keep the manifold to turbine housing bolts tight? You have any of those kits? Thanks again.

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
I don't stock extra turbo to dp gaskets for SC kits but that isn't the one that comes loose nor would it affect power if it did. But the header to turbo one is sometimes an issue and that is a stock gasket. I stock those and yes I had the mechanical locking bolts before Jim did lol. Have those in stock as well.

The only times I have had those symptoms on customers sled, or my own last year, was bad plugs which had never been changed, an exhaust leak before the turbo, or a boost leak after. With the X2 you can see the boost (which should be around 23-25 depending on elevation) and the a/f so it shouldn't take much to figure out what's going on. I rode over 11k a few times in the last couple years with no issues.

Premium Features