• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Aerocharger 15 xm clutch/gear

C
Oct 13, 2016
I have a 2015 xm 800 etec 163" with the66 aerocharger
I put in 7 tooth driver and a 3" track

Should I run 21/49 gearing? Getting mixed feedback is why I'm asking

Also what should I be running for clutching?
I have complete stock clutching in right now

Riding in Alberta/British Columbia

Any help would be great thank you

K
Call Aero. Clutch weights depend on what boost you're running, elev, etc. You'll want the blue/green spring and secondary helix too. Gear should be 22 or 23 on top, 49 on bottom - per Aerochargers youtube install video.

I've just been thru this whole conversation with Aerocharger, they were helpful.

Aerocharger_jerry

Premium Member
Sep 13, 2012
www.facebook.com
Support

Give us a call at the shop so we can help you set up your sled. Call us at 913-829-3400 and we would be glad to get you set up for a great season ahead.

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
When you put the smaller drivers on you had potentially geared down, but you also put on a bigger track that takes more power to run..

Now saying that if you had not changed gearing after you installed your turbo I would think your much to low of gearing.. And yes I would think your gearing should be in the 21 or 22 top sprocket with the 49 on the lower sprocket at 8000 feet

Easy way to tell is marking your primary and make a good pull on a few hills, your goal is to have belt run to the top inch of primary sheves

As for your primary clutching I would think the 441 stock ramps with some heavy 23 gram pins should get you in the ball park real quick..

Most important thing with aero is to not allow rpm to go over 8100 rpm.. By doing this you take a big chance in damaging reeds, this is easily done and can only take a instant.. Be carful at low elevations where hp is much easier to make.. We ussally drop clickers at staging and then increase slowly at elevation riding to prevent it from happening

Follow that, keep a/f under 13.5 and enjoy, make great kits

I have a 2015 xm 800 etec 163" with the66 aerocharger
I put in 7 tooth driver and a 3" track

Should I run 21/49 gearing? Getting mixed feedback is why I'm asking

Also what should I be running for clutching?
I have complete stock clutching in right now

Riding in Alberta/British Columbia

Any help would be great thank you

yamiman

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
ND
I have a 174" T3 and run a turbo at 8-10000'. I am running a 21/49 gearing with 8 tooth drivers and works perfect

Premium Features