• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ACL Carbon Fiber tank

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

Leaf27

Premium Member
Oct 24, 2008
I like the tank. Carbon fiber is very strong stuff. It's expensive, but most of us have already sank alot of $$$$ into our sleds anyway.

Last edited:
B
Jan 22, 2009
If it held a couple extra gals would help off set the price

The RT/REV tanks do hold at least 2GAL more than stock. We haven't measured the XP tank yet, but it will likely hold around 1GAL more than stock.

Does the tank have baffles inside or is it fully open design?

Thanks!

MD.

The tanks are open inside, but baffles could easily be added if requested.

R
Mar 27, 2009
ACL carbon fiber hood

I have an c3 Powersports carbon fiber hood on my M1000 with stock style intake and it weighs 4.5 lb. It cost $1150 and saved 21 lb off the front of my sled.

That works out to only $50/lb on a non complex part. The tanks look complex being a closed part and having to hold fuel, a volatile chemical. I would expect the price to be higher and it looks like the company has taken the appropriate measures to coat the tank for fuel use.

I would also like to know if it hold more fuel and if you are going to make on for a M

A

ACL C3

Aug 27, 2008
Salmon Arm B.C
www.c3powersports.com
C3 XP Carbon Fiber Fuel Tank Update

This tank fits XP models and weighs about 7lbs for a savings of about 9lbs over stock. It comes with an internal lining to protect the carbon from the fuel.

Here are a few pics of the C3 Carbon Fiber Fuel tank.

101_5266.jpg

100_0524.jpg

DSC05395.jpg

DSC05401.jpg

DSC05399.jpg

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
I have purchased carbon fiber stuff for my ATVs, dirtbikes and vehicles and NONE of it is expensive as sled stuff.

I have been around a long time, done a lot of mods and in my experience, most of these prices are driven my greed, not quality.

That is simply a case of manufacturing and the market you're going after. Ever realize how many ATV/MC/Truck/hotrod magazines are on the newsstands compared to sled mags.....you will never see more sled rags than any of the other at any newsstand barring the local sled shop(and even us, a MC/Sled shop has twice the moto rags than sled rags). Way broader customer base with the other examples you've mentioned. Simply put, less volume costs more.

Sorry I didn't read any other posts in this thread, however........if I was at that point on my Rev I'd seriously consider it, but more than likely try to weigh out going to a full CF frame at that point. If the Rev stays, by this time next year I might be considering it, just depends on what gets done for winter.

Last edited:

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
A few months of working on boats and dreaming up various CF components for that......I'm back to the sled. Does the XP seat/tank conversion do anything in terms of ride height or geometry change to the stock riding position? In the one picture on the website it looks slightly tilted backwards which I'm not a fan of.
If it is just my eyes, I do like the conversion and the '10 style seat would be great on my Rev. How does it all come together with the stock plastics(console)
Also, was looking at possibly trying to fit your CF XP Airbox onto my Rev. With that would be lots of trimming and possibly making a few new panels etc....what are your thoughts on that kind of conversion?
Keep up the great work, I know I'll buy something from you before the snow flys, just a matter of time.
And if there's time to conjur up something for my rev(in terms of airbox design) please let me know, I'm only an hour away!

Premium Features