• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

A story from cooke

X

XC700116

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 2, 2007
Milliken, CO
Non residents go figure.. Try paying the Big Sky tax . Then have some non-res ruin your ride.

Before you go bashing all the non-resident riders that come to places like cooke why don't you ask the gas station, bar, restuarant, and lodging owners how much these people bring to their dinner tables in a year, and how their bank accounts would look if there were not any of these people around. Like everywhere there is a-holes in every large group of people from all different places.

We all pay taxes! I've lived in MN, MT and now TX and MT is deffinately not the highest on the list when it comes to taxes so don't biotch too much.

Anyone that has lived anywhere near a tourist trap knows that you have to deal with a-holes from out of town but there are some really good people too that normally out number the a-holes 10 to 1.

That being said that clown shouldn't have done what he did, but Aug could have possibly prevented it from happening to someone else by calmly and respectfully educating him. If he gets ****y with him, then slap the stupid out of him. He might possibly just not have know better and chances are that if anyone in his group was experienced and had any balls at all having seen what happened they probably took care of it for Aug.

just my .02

T
Nov 26, 2007
I wonder where the people in my home town want to see me shopping I know the guy who owns the gas station . The people who own the grocery store go to church with me.. I am a proud Montanan and can guarantee you this very few of my friends are happy to see non residents riding in the areas we ride . I would imagine most of the buisness owners in Cooke ARE IMPORTS. If you have seen what a buisness in Cooke sells for you would know that not many native Montanans can afford setting up shop there. Just my 2 cents

W
Dec 28, 2004
Idaho
Did you guys happen to see the two guys, one on the black 07 m1000 (no stickers) with no bogie wheels, orange stripe on the seat, and only running the two orange wheels on the back axel, and the other guy on the red and black dragon with the black boss seat and 4 inch risers and only running the two wheels on his rear axel too?

That was awsome!

X

XC700116

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 2, 2007
Milliken, CO
The whole point was I know it is early in the season, you guys just spent how much on your sleds and they are all nice and clean.... But really pull your heads out of your bungholes and think when you are riding. :rolleyes:
He might have hit me sideways and cut my ankle off who knows. JUST THINK!:D it helps
As far as the stickers there might have been more but I just had to laugh seeing FAST stickers on a sled, had to give him 20 more hp.

As far as the none res thing that was just stupid do you honestly think if the greenies wanted to close say cooke and all of the Montana sledders protested it would make a differance? No! Maybe if every sledder not just the locals said something it could make an impact. Non res help keep every snowmobile place open. They do it by buying there gas, eating and sleeping there, that is how these places live not by the yokles who don't spend half that kind of money.

Aug you pretty much made my point for me while I was typing my rant.

I would love to help with fighting the greenies anytime I can.(ask SnoSnob) unfortunately due to my location I can't do too much except by belonging to organizations like local clubs and SAWS. Most of the time when I have heard of an issue it's already done for and at that point all people can do is complain.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Wyoming
I wonder where the people in my home town want to see me shopping I know the guy who owns the gas station . The people who own the grocery store go to church with me.. I am a proud Montanan and can guarantee you this very few of my friends are happy to see non residents riding in the areas we ride . I would imagine most of the buisness owners in Cooke ARE IMPORTS. If you have seen what a buisness in Cooke sells for you would know that not many native Montanans can afford setting up shop there. Just my 2 cents

Yeah I guess I should be pissed if somebody shoots some of OUR elk or catch some of OUR fish or heaven forbid sled on OUR Bighorn mountains. Oh yeah wait a second it's public land. Public meaning: Not just for greedy yokles.
Biotch all you want and I will just smile and wave as I ride by you in some powder and track it all up.:D I just can't fathom saying we don't want any sledders, we need them with out them the sport dies.:face-icon-small-con

Don't get to full of your selves darned out-a-staters. LOL!:D:D:beer;

N

Nate

Apr 22, 2006
Northeast Wyoming/Mission Viejo California

Christ :face-icon-small-dis you dont sound like you travel far from your little paradise. This is america, its sad people like you run around on a sled, hating everyone because you thought you owned the mountain. Get a life, I dont give a chit who you go to church with, or who your milkman is, quit crying because people are enjoying life. Money is moving in, get used to it, its happening everywhere, if you dont like that, then go get alot of money you wanker and buy the forest.

X

XC700116

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 2, 2007
Milliken, CO
Christ :face-icon-small-dis you dont sound like you travel far from your little paradise. This is america, its sad people like you run around on a sled, hating everyone because you thought you owned the mountain. Get a life, I dont give a chit who you go to church with, or who your milkman is, quit crying because people are enjoying life. Money is moving in, get used to it, its happening everywhere, if you dont like that, then go get alot of money you wanker and buy the forest.

Yeah pull a Ted Turner!!!

T
Nov 26, 2007

Must live in a right to work state

76FOMOCO

Apr 18, 2007
Nampa, Idaho
Hole Chit give me a cleanx, we are all out of staters sooner or later. As for the dumb azz who just about cliped you some of the locals just about do this. if you need a safe sport stay home and watch tennis. Accidents happen and people make bad judgments so do as the boxing referee said “protect yourself at all times!”

:eek:

J
Nov 28, 2007
Lake Tahoe and Chicago
You guys (and Girls) are CRAZY some JOHNNY HOT SHOT almost hit you aug and he now knows 1 to a site now(point taken), but it has turned into a pissing match on who makes more, pays more taxes and who can ride where! just pull down your pants and see who has a bigger package and be done (lol):D

I love the VADER helmet i think i would have to pull over if i saw it and laugh my as ss off!!! Respect the phazer too!!!!By the way my kid put a spongebob sticker on my turbo and im now part owner and rich beotch:D:D:D:D

N

NDflatlander

Nov 21, 2007
Jamestown, ND
^^^Completely agree. There are a-hole residents and non residents. You have to take the bad with the good. I hope everyone sees this thread and remembers the tragedy in Cooke last year and remembers to be cautious and curtious regardless of where you are riding.

WYrider

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Gillette, WY
WOw, Guess I should have been watching this post. Not to many shots on Saturday when Lee was wearing his Darth helemt.

When we got there, The hill did not have any riders on it. Your group was at the bottom a hill over. But not on this hill. Then one of your riders found that SICK jump and that atracked 1 other rider over to the hill (both black m cats). When the Fastline cat allmost hit Aug, there was only the 2 cats riding by us. The rest of the crew came later. I believe he was trying to race Nikolai up the hill on his 900 RMK. At least thats what it looked like untill Nikolai backed out. Other than that 1 rider we did not have a problem with your crew.

Picture230.jpg

Picture235.jpg

Picture239.jpg

Picture257.jpg

Picture280.jpg

Picture289.jpg

Last edited:
H
Nov 26, 2007
gillette, WY
aug has his story straight! maybe you should stay in the flats where you know how to ride, i didnt see a xc 700 there all i saw was new cats so maybe it wasnt your group, so maybe you should shut your little mouth untill you can figure it out, i saw what happend and it was a bunch of crap just some moron and his big bad new sled that has no idea what he is doing and is going to end up killing somebody with his stupidity.

Premium Features