• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sonora Pass- February 3, 2024

K
Nov 30, 2008
Reno, NV
After riding Blue Lakes 3 times the last two weeks, it was time for a change and head south to the Promised Land.

Unloaded past first gate at the horse stables. Only two other rigs there. Snow was as good as we get here in the Sierras. Light powder over the windshield! Everywhere we went was untouched virgin powder. Where was everyone? I'm assuming tracking up Blue Lakes along with the other 200 sledders. Anyways, it was great, friend from Colorado was in love with the place.

Having said that, some of the gullies and chutes to Ski Lake and Latopie still need to get filled in more before getting up there. Same goes with the Elevator Shaft, but still tons of good riding to he had!

20240203_105605.jpg 20240203_114104.jpg 20240203_115557.jpg

K
Nov 30, 2008
Reno, NV
Thanks. I haven’t been there in awhile. Are there any restrictions? I would like to go there this season thanks.

Are you still in touch with the guys from Sierra Sledders and West Coast Sledders?

No restrictions other than making sure you know the Wilderness boundaries. I miss the old Snowest gang, bunch on die hard sledders! Unfortunately, times change and you have to go find new guys to ride with. I prefer to ride with guys much younger as they ride agressive much like I still do

Zrider

Lifetime Membership
May 7, 2003
Sparks, NV
Way to kick ass Raymond. Current storm might drop another 3-5 ft. at Leavitt Lk. Hope the other side gets a taste also. Thanks for the pics.

K
Nov 30, 2008
Reno, NV
Way to kick ass Raymond. Current storm might drop another 3-5 ft. at Leavitt Lk. Hope the other side gets a taste also. Thanks for the pics.
Yup, interesting one of the only guys up there that we ran into at Leavitt Lake was the Bridgeport Avy forecaster. He was saying it could see 60" possibly 80" when this current storm finishes up. That would for sure fill in all the gullies and chutes real nice!

silvertip

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 3, 2001
Nevada City Calif
Nice Pic. Raymond!! Glad to see your still out there having fun. Just waiting for a little more snow before we think about driving down there. Maybe talk Z and his friends into a ride.

Premium Features