• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

9R fuel Gauge

N
Jan 19, 2020
Any one else have an inaccurate fuel gauge?
I have the standard display and after riding all day fuel gauge on level ground reads 3/4 full .
Top off tank and it takes 7 gallons to fill . So it should be reading below half as these tanks hold around 11.3 gallons .

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Any one else have an inaccurate fuel gauge?
I have the standard display and after riding all day fuel gauge on level ground reads 3/4 full .
Top off tank and it takes 7 gallons to fill . So it should be reading below half as these tanks hold around 11.3 gallons .
I think the better question would be does anyone have a fuel gauge on a Matryx that is accurate? ?

U
Jul 20, 2016
Montana
Mine works great. If I am on a steep incline for too long, sure it may add or subtract a few bars but it tends to correct pretty quickly.

Yes, I'd definitely prefer something more analog like the AXYS but it's a real improvement from a G4

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
Mine is generally in the ballpark on flat ground, but inconsistently accurate while riding. I'm not sure why but they seem to respond slowly to changes of angle.

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
mine is garbage. it will read 100% on flat ground, then down to 60% on the slightest angle.
I just fill it to the brim before heading out

b-litt

Premium Member
Aug 21, 2012
McCall, ID
m.youtube.com
It’s great paying more money for a gauge that is significantly worse. Although I don’t think there was much of an option with the new matryx fuel tank.
I will say the 9r is thirsty too!

P

pj8556

Jan 11, 2008
God's country
I would not say the 9R is thirsty, I rode 70 hard miles yesterday in deep snow and returned to truck with "low fuel", no bars left and an oranges light but i thought that was pretty good considering all things

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
I would not say the 9R is thirsty, I rode 70 hard miles yesterday in deep snow and returned to truck with "low fuel", no bars left and an oranges light but i thought that was pretty good considering all things
70 hard miles? I rode 29 miles yesterday and it took 8.4 gallons to fill up.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Lame. In our last big storm cycle it was 22mi for 9.4gal. Try harder Chadly!
I don't ride hard at all. I was just stating that I burned way more riding like a wimp. I think he just solidifies that 97% of Snowesters can't snowmobile ?

Or maybe he has Rusty's super efficient clutching!

Last edited:
Premium Features