• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

98 manual 12 valve cummins??

H
Jan 9, 2003
Sparks, Nevada
I have a 98 12 valve cummins with the manual tranny. I bought a new fuel torque plate #10. When it got to me it didnt have all the parts. The new bolts are missing and the allignment piece is not there either. The person I bought it from will not return my calls.. Am I boned or can I get it done without these parts?
I put a straight pipe on it and bumped up from 3" to 4" from the resonator back. Am I going to have too high of egts? I dont have a boost gauge but I do have a pyrometer. At stock it wont get over a 1000* when climbing big hills.
Would you recomend going with the #10 or will I be ok with the #100 plate? Any help will be awesome.

Last edited:

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
The 98 manuals have the 913 pump (215 HP) bigger plungers and barrels and can flow alot of fuel. Whos #10 is it? Some are more aggressive than others. You can scribe or make a mark to get it in the same spot but to get full rack travel and max fuel at max boost go full forward. Youll have to watch EGT's since the 215 pump is more sensitive to additional fueling (in a good way) its easy to run hot EGT's with this pump. To control smoke you can adjust the starwheel on the AFC housing (the cover above the fuel plate). As for the breakoff screw just go to a hardware store and pick em up, its not worth having those things in there for future adjustments.

H
Jan 9, 2003
Sparks, Nevada
Well I got the plate in... It is a #100 plate all flat except a little tit at the bottom end.. I mean I got power for days now.. I am gonna have to get a 4"turbo down pipe on it my pyro hit 1400 on a quik exceleration today.. We wanted to know what kind of boost im getting so I put a 35 psi boost guage on it.... OOPS I am making more than 35psi boost so now I gotta go buy a 60 psi boost guage.. This thing frikin rips!! I have a south bend 550 hp clutch in it and its making it slip.. South bend said it will break itself in shortly.. But wow I mean what a torque moster!! Thanks for the help guys.. I appreciate it!

Premium Features